LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 310 users in the forums

Ronald Blair-DE-Appalachian State-signs with Jets

Shop 49ers game tickets
This is actually a pretty good pick, DE with a high running motor, just a relentless player with long arms. Could mean the end for TJE on the roster.

[ Edited by dj43 on Jun 1, 2021 at 9:31 AM ]
Chris Biderman ‏@ChrisBiderman 4m4 minutes ago

Ronald Blair: 6-2, 284, 34-inch arms, 51 games, 21 sacks, 53.5 tackles for loss. #49ers

Sounds like a beast
No clue who he be
[ Edited by DonnieDarko on Apr 30, 2016 at 11:14 AM ]
Ronald Blair had our fourth highest grade among 3-4 DE in 2015 (+42.7) and was first with 50 stops (Buckner second with 49). #49ers
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
Mayock and Jeremiah were really high on him, Mayock graded him as a 3rd rounder.

I'm good with this, I think it will likely mean the end of TJE and probably Rush.

Fantastic player here. Really like this pick.
Looks quick and athletic. Chases down RBs from behind and gets off quick from the snap.
I really like the player but how many 3-4 end do we need? Good value pick here but can't fill every hole on this team with 3-4 ends and defensive backs
I was thinking Blair would be gone in the late 3rd to mid 4th so this is a nice value addition. With an expectedly heavy DL rotation he should see a lot of snaps. Nothing fancy about him, just a guy that brings it, plays his ass off whenever he's out on the field.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Solid pick.

Jeff Deeney ‏@PFF_Jeff 4m4 minutes ago

Ronald Blair led all 3-4 DE with a run stop percentage in 2015 of 13.8% and ranked third with a 10.2 Pass Rush Productivity Rating. #49ers
Dude had 19 tackles for a loss last year as a 3-4 lineman...looks like he has some power and plays low, but he's short and slow. Probably meant to give some depth on the d line.
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
The more I see, the more I like this pick. I think he'll add some real quality depth and will replace TJE, Rush and some of the lower quality backups. I'm a bit concerned about Dorsey and Williams in regards to their ability to stay healthy.
Looks like a VERY good pick-up.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/ronald-blair?id=2555251
Originally posted by NinerG94:
I really like the player but how many 3-4 end do we need? Good value pick here but can't fill every hole on this team with 3-4 ends and defensive backs

A lot of our lineman have a history of injury problems, and we need depth with Chip's offense.
Share 49ersWebzone