LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 412 users in the forums

TRADED Rashard Robinson CB LSU - 4th Round pick - BYE RASHARD

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 9moon:
when you say rotation, do you mean, we'll have different starters on secondary depending on who we are playing?

no, just that they will rotate our players throughout the game to keep them fresh. We do have corners with different skillsets though so i could see us using certain CBs more in certain games against certain WRs
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Originally posted by 9moon:
when you say rotation, do you mean, we'll have different starters on secondary depending on who we are playing?

no, just that they will rotate our players throughout the game to keep them fresh. We do have corners with different skillsets though so i could see us using certain CBs more in certain games against certain WRs

Yeah, one of the coaches noted that who we play will dictate who we play. I think that applies more to the DL and CB's.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
This had me thinking. Will this coaching staff prefer the veterans or will Chip say, "Screw it. It's a rebuilding year and I want to evaluate the kids."

Hoping for some sort of rotation give everyone snaps and see the cream rise to the top.

Agreed. I was opposed to this topic last year specifically the tandem of Johnson + Cromartie only to switch to Brock + Acker the next game, but this year, this may be a viable way to see who rises to the challenge and hopefully, secures a FT position outside, at some point.

I can understand the idea of not liking rotating the players last year, but that feeling, in my case had as much to do with not trusting decisions from the coaching staff as being opposed to letting the different players in based on situational matchups... But yes, this year we need to make some tough decisions on this team looking forward and our game day performance thus year might suffer for it... but it may be the foundation is being built for a new core.
[ Edited by mojave45 on Jun 23, 2016 at 8:25 AM ]
This had me thinking. Will this coaching staff prefer the veterans or will Chip say, "Screw it. It's a rebuilding year and I want to evaluate the kids."

Hoping for some sort of rotation give everyone snaps and see the cream rise to the top.

Agreed. I was opposed to this topic last year specifically the tandem of Johnson + Cromartie only to switch to Brock + Acker the next game, but this year, this may be a viable way to see who rises to the challenge and hopefully, secures a FT position outside, at some point.

I see a good rotation happening with the DL and DBs (based on match ups this season).

Agree! There is so much versatility in the backfield...even more than last year when I believed they had great choices to make. Big, small, fast, nifty, athletic, fundamental soundness...if they can get these guys to compete in TC they will also be much better in the fall as they learn from each other.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

I see a good rotation happening with the DL and DBs (based on match ups this season).

Agree! There is so much versatility in the backfield...even more than last year when I believed they had great choices to make. Big, small, fast, nifty, athletic, fundamental soundness...if they can get these guys to compete in TC they will also be much better in the fall as they learn from each other.

Totally agree!
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I'd love to totally agree but I haven't seen the new DBs... can't wait tho!!
Let's see how you do
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
Let's see how you do

I have a really good feeling about this kid.
[ Edited by NCommand on Jul 31, 2016 at 9:10 AM ]
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
Let's see how you do

I have a really good feeling about this kid.

same
I think he starts in 2 years with DJ. Ward as a FS/slot like mathieu

Originally posted by elguapo:

I was watching him a bit on NFLN and I can see why Baalke was high on him...super tall and long but quick feet and very sticky and smooth. I have no idea what O'Neil is going to do with this secondary with all the different skill sets at CB and S. I can think of about 5 different combinations I'd like to see right now.
Another ten pounds of muscle&he can be special.
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Aug 1, 2016 at 2:38 PM ]
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
we talkin about Ward of Robinson?
Robinson cause of his length. Jimmer is rock solid and perfect size for his frame. Id have him add weight if he switched to safety doe which obviously wont be this year, knock on wood.
Originally posted by elguapo:

I was watching him a bit on NFLN and I can see why Baalke was high on him...super tall and long but quick feet and very sticky and smooth. I have no idea what O'Neil is going to do with this secondary with all the different skill sets at CB and S. I can think of about 5 different combinations I'd like to see right now.

Agreed. Hopefully this guy balls out
Share 49ersWebzone