There are 347 users in the forums

List of Baalke's all-ACL team

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • thl408
Originally posted by kray28:
Makes you want to do the Dance of Joy™

don't be ridulose
Baalke learned well from McCloughan. Whom took Gore and Ray McDonald coming off knee injuries.
I believe both Kevin f*gan and Jesse Sapolu had knee injuries when Walsh drafted them
[ Edited by NinerTy on Apr 30, 2016 at 12:16 AM ]
ACL Apocalypse--

http://www.mercurynews.com/49ers/ci_28134424/49ers-acl-apocalypse-team-leads-nfl-wounded-knees
Originally posted by NinerTy:
I believe both Kevin f*gan and Jesse Sapolu had knee injuries when Walsh drafted them

That team had TALENT. We need TALENT, not someone who will never play one down in the NFL.
lol I wonder how many of the people crying about the ACL picks complained about not trading up to get Myles Jack.

Its been 3 years or less since these guys have been taken, and all automatically missed the first year. How about we let their careers actually fizzle out before we call Baalkes strategy a bust.
The question is why burn a pick on acl redshirt. Why not udfa.
Originally posted by kray28:
2013:
DE Tank Carradine (second round)
RB Marcus Lattimore (fourth round)

(Starts: 1)

2014:
OL Brandon Thomas (third round)
CB Keith Reaser (fourth round)
FB Trey Millard (seventh round)

(Starts: 0)

2015:
WR DeAndre Smelter (fourth round)

(Starts: 0)

2016:
DB Will Redmond (third round)

Keith Reaser was a 5th...I get the reasoning of drafting injured guys when you have a bunch of established vets and a s**t ton of picks, we will see with Redmond his ACL happening a while ago which was a little different than some of the other picks
Originally posted by Niners99:
lol I wonder how many of the people crying about the ACL picks complained about not trading up to get Myles Jack.

Its been 3 years or less since these guys have been taken, and all automatically missed the first year. How about we let their careers actually fizzle out before we call Baalkes strategy a bust.

Because we sucked last year, and probably this year. That's how you grade it. It Sucks
I do find it funny that Baalke apologists always say, show me how this ACL strategy Sucks, or outside Lattimore, who is a bust. You have to wait, yada yada.

How about this - which one of them worked? Who was picked after one of these ACL picks that is really good and could have helped the team? Add that to going 8-8, then last year, and what is probably going to happen this year, and it doesn't seem to be a great strategy.

• SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Find a f**king player that can play! I'm done with this ass clown. My 13 yo son could pick better players.

f**k Trent!
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
I do find it funny that Baalke apologists always say, show me how this ACL strategy Sucks, or outside Lattimore, who is a bust. You have to wait, yada yada.

How about this - which one of them worked? Who was picked after one of these ACL picks that is really good and could have helped the team? Add that to going 8-8, then last year, and what is probably going to happen this year, and it doesn't seem to be a great strategy.

Only one guy didn't recover enough to see the field. You see plenty of busts who have no injury issues and some of these guys haven't gotten a chance yet so acting like they all suck and failed is stupid at this point.

Plenty of other teams make similar risks. If they work out nobody complains.

Here are some of the issues, we never saw anyone play enough to say that _____ is a bust. Why is the board done with Erik Pears and Jordan Devey? We saw them play extensively and can say they sucked. I am one of the ones done with Marcus Martin. Yes he is young, but you have to show something when you get that many snaps. Tank Carradine in limited playing time has actually shown something. It doesn't mean he will be a great player. It doesn't mean he was the second coming of Justin Smith at DE or will be the next Von Miller at OLB. But it was enough to say, "hey, I'd like to see this guy get regular snaps in the LB rotation for several games so I can get a better look at him." Kenneth Acker showed something. Again, it doesn't mean he will be good either, but I saw enough to want to see him in year 2 of his actual playing career.

I will say this however, because of the length of time it has taken these picks to come through (I do realize we are heading into years 3 and 4 with some guys), I wouldn't have made the Will Redmond pick, even though I like him as a player.

Regardless of whether we like it or not, those guys are here and 2016 has to be make it or break it for many of them, including Trent Baalke. Tank Carradine has the season set up for him perfect thus far. He got to cut weight and will move back to being a pure pass rusher. Brandon Thomas, though not a likely starter, will at least be in the mix at guard. Will Redmond (who I do not think will "redshirt"), Keith Reaser, and Kenneth Acker will get a chance to play with a solid front 7 in front of them. I hope they realize it because this is the year the 2013 and 2014 draft picks can/will be cut before the season begins if they don't show something in TC/preseason.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Here are some of the issues, we never saw anyone play enough to say that _____ is a bust. Why is the board done with Erik Pears and Jordan Devey? We saw them play extensively and can say they sucked. I am one of the ones done with Marcus Martin. Yes he is young, but you have to show something when you get that many snaps. Tank Carradine in limited playing time has actually shown something. It doesn't mean he will be a great player. It doesn't mean he was the second coming of Justin Smith at DE or will be the next Von Miller at OLB. But it was enough to say, "hey, I'd like to see this guy get regular snaps in the LB rotation for several games so I can get a better look at him." Kenneth Acker showed something. Again, it doesn't mean he will be good either, but I saw enough to want to see him in year 2 of his actual playing career.

I will say this however, because of the length of time it has taken these picks to come through (I do realize we are heading into years 3 and 4 with some guys), I wouldn't have made the Will Redmond pick, even though I like him as a player.

Regardless of whether we like it or not, those guys are here and 2016 has to be make it or break it for many of them, including Trent Baalke. Tank Carradine has the season set up for him perfect thus far. He got to cut weight and will move back to being a pure pass rusher. Brandon Thomas, though not a likely starter, will at least be in the mix at guard. Will Redmond (who I do not think will "redshirt"), Keith Reaser, and Kenneth Acker will get a chance to play with a solid front 7 in front of them. I hope they realize it because this is the year the 2013 and 2014 draft picks can/will be cut before the season begins if they don't show something in TC/preseason.

Why does it have to be all the way to bust though? Why can't it just be not that great of a pick? I don't care about labeling it a bust, I care about was it a good pick. Most of these weren't.
Like I said Thursday when the fanboys were fawning over the obvious Buckner pick and wanting to throw it in the face of us Baalke detractors. It's early. Give it time. Baalke still has 11 picks to waste. Then only 20 or so picks later it started. The trade up for Garnett still sick about it, and now another blown out knee. Hey C.C. who's hiding and licking wounds now? Baalke has essentially already wasted 2 picks and were only 3 picks in.
[ Edited by NinerG94 on Apr 30, 2016 at 8:16 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone