LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 265 users in the forums

Joshua Garnett OG - 28th overall pick, released

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by ChuckLeavy32:
Originally posted by sspiker:
We swapped 6th and 7th round picks, and gave up a 4th. More than I would've given up for this but not a huge haul.

Thank you, we went up like ten picks or so

Didn't we give up our 2nd?
Member Milestone: This is post number 900 for sspiker.
Originally posted by FaTaL:
nice job taking az's and seattle's pick

staley
garnett
kilgore
dont know
brown

yea!!

Uh, Beadles.
Also, you guys do remember that we still have a 3rd rounder, a comp pick in the 4th round and three picks in the 5th round right? We have plenty of ammo to maneuver in the mid rounds.

Go ahead and trade Trent! Build up the OL/DL.... maybe grab a ILB, OLB, and a WR. We be good.
I love it jumped ahead of Arizona and Seattle to take a OG they could have got and to hear he is a beast in the run game is a plus
  • bors
  • Veteran
Better him with us than Seattle or zona
Originally posted by father49er:
We got 2 starters in the draft on day one. It's already a good draft. Yeah, we might have overpaid, but we got 2 players rated number one in their respective positions. AND we fixed 2 areas of greatest need on the team.

I agree 100%

Over paid? We just got the best interior blocker in the draft. I love Garnett. He is a monster.

Garnett and Brown on the right side is going to be nasty and open some serious holes in the run game.

I wanted this team to get the toughness back. Get that mojo back thst we will line up our best 11 against your best 11 and we will run the ball down your throat and you have no chance to stop it. Then get that front 7 back to being fierce. We needed to get that attitude back and Baalke did just that.

Love the picks.
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
Originally posted by judodono:
4th and a 6th???

We also gave up our 2nd

This guy is worth it tho. He's a 10 year starter

I agree with an earlier assessment. This was to jump another team the 49ers knew had interest. Probably the Seahawks, which makes it even better.
Only thing that I don't like about this pick is what it says about Brandon Thomas. I guess that dude was a big fat bust.
Lol @ people s**tting on Baalke. Dude gets the best DE and the best OG in the draft and people are still hating.
Originally posted by ronniefreakinlott42:
Originally posted by ChuckLeavy32:
We swapped 6th and 7th round picks, and gave up a 4th. More than I would've given up for this but not a huge haul.

Thank you, we went up like ten picks or so

Didn't we give up our 2nd?

Yes, I'm saying we barely move up from our 2nd. Wasn't it 37 or so. I think it was a play to get infront of Seattle and Arizona who needed line help.

Seattle settled on Germain Ifedi. They really did want Garnett
  • Jiks
Meh... I like the pick, but tomorrow is going to be boring.
  • bors
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FaTaL:
nice job taking az's and seattle's pick

staley
garnett
kilgore
dont know
brown

yea!!

Uh, Beadles.

Right forgot about him. Only? Is right tackle. Can brown bring it?
Two starters! Boom!
Solid pickup. Best guard in the draft. From stanford so you know hes not a dummy. Has a mean streak to him which is what these pansies on oline need to fall in line.
Share 49ersWebzone