Joshua Garnett OG - 28th overall pick, released

Shop 49ers game tickets
Oops
[ Edited by illinois9er on Jun 7, 2018 at 4:52 PM ]
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Person could be a dark horse to nab on of the G spots

It sure looks that way with him splitting reps. I think the guard competition will be the most interesting to follow.

Yup. If I recall, he performed decently during his 2nd stint in IND. he's well versed in KS zone blocking as well, so we shall see

Only reason he's getting those reps is cause coop is injured imo.
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

Kyle also doesn't appear to be a fan of just handing a job to someone either. Having Person take the first few reps, then Garnett take over sends the message he needs to keep working if he wants it.
Originally posted by WolfTotem:
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

Kyle also doesn't appear to be a fan of just handing a job to someone either. Having Person take the first few reps, then Garnett take over sends the message he needs to keep working if he wants it.

Yessir.
Dudes about to get cut or traded
Originally posted by Knowledge:

Before they put the pads on? Come on meow...unless he's falling over his feet at mini camp he most likely is at training camp.

Unless they trade him (doubt that happens).
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Knowledge:

Before they put the pads on? Come on meow...unless he's falling over his feet at mini camp he most likely is at training camp.

we need OL depth. maybe when the roster cuts start happening for everyone we pick up some prospects from teams with already good OL
I thought he looked good so far?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Wow so they gonna cut this dude already. Smdh
  • evil
  • Veteran

Pretty much looks like Barrows is just connecting dots and stating the obvious. Adding guys like Persons and Cooper is because there are no guarantees with JG and they are not putting all their eggs in his basket.

Originally posted by evil:

Pretty much looks like Barrows is just connecting dots and stating the obvious. Adding guys like Persons and Cooper is because there are no guarantees with JG and they are not putting all their eggs in his basket.

And Person can play G and C. Cooper, they paid the most to and had a nice 2017. If Garnett doesn't outright win a starting spot at RG, he could be a candidate to get cut esp. given what OL would be active on the 46 game days.
[ Edited by NCommand on Jun 20, 2018 at 1:15 PM ]
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

I think he just came into camp in good shape. That is a low bar.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

I think he just came into camp in good shape. That is a low bar.

True, but it's still progress. I can't kmagine a guy gets cut now unless he looks 55 years old out there.
dudes a scrub, always been a scrub , he has yet to prove anything. he sucked when he started and since every year has been hurt, guess we ain't got anyone better tho.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
dudes a scrub, always been a scrub , he has yet to prove anything. he sucked when he started and since every year has been hurt, guess we ain't got anyone better tho.

it's crazy how this very description can fit a few dudes on this team.
Share 49ersWebzone