LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 291 users in the forums

Joshua Garnett OG - 28th overall pick, released

Shop 49ers game tickets
what is this guy up to anyway
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Is he done for the year?

On I.R. for the year.
I just saw this guy jumping around giving high fives on the Stanford sideline.

But MIA on ours.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
I think he's going to be the new Vance McDonald. We will try to trade him but give him reps to see if he can add competition to position.
Originally posted by Heroism:

But MIA on ours.

Low key tank
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

But MIA on ours.

Low key tank

But MIA on ours.

I thought that was him.

But MIA on ours.

Lulz, another bust
Any word on how he is doing? It's kinda early to call him a bust and I would think he'd be in the mix for a starting LG next year.
Originally posted by hummbabybear:
Any word on how he is doing? It's kinda early to call him a bust and I would think he'd be in the mix for a starting LG next year.

Yeah, might be fun to see big Tomlinson + Brown together onn the right side.

Not a good start to his career. I cringe every time I think about that being Cody Whitehair instead. Everyone had him rated higher, but Chip thought he was getting an elite pulling OG instead.

Garnett's career is certainly salvageable, but if he doesn't compete for a starting spot next year I'd expect to see Lynch ship him away.
So time to bring this up I guess. Does he fit into Kyles system at all? Does he have a future at either side of the OL or should we look to move him once he can pass a physical?
Originally posted by jreff22:
So time to bring this up I guess. Does he fit into Kyles system at all? Does he have a future at either side of the OL or should we look to move him once he can pass a physical?

I hope he has a future here but I don't think it's a good look that after an injury which wasn't typically a season ender we ended up putting him on IR without ability to return later in the season...knowing our interior was a weak point.
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by jreff22:

I hope he has a future here but I don't think it's a good look that after an injury which wasn't typically a season ender we ended up putting him on IR without ability to return later in the season...knowing our interior was a weak point.

no one from the Baalke era is safe
Share 49ersWebzone