LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 308 users in the forums

DeForest Buckner Traded to the Colts

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Gruden does bring up a good point about the height making it hard to get low but eff that, the top of the draft shook out perfectly for SF and I wanted him Tunsil or Conklin and wanted absolutely nothing to do with Jack.

How it turns out remains to be seen but super thrilled with the pick. Shore up the line, saddle him with Armstead in year 2 and (hopefully) a healthy Ian Williams and that line shows promise.

Now nab oline, ILB, OLB and QB.

It works both ways though, do you see many short OTs or DEs in the NFL? No, because long arms allow you to get your hands and get leverage into a shorter guy. Buckner uses his hands very well and he's a beast at the point of attack. He's also a bit more mobile than Armstead.
We're about to have the best d line in the league
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Gruden does bring up a good point about the height making it hard to get low but eff that, the top of the draft shook out perfectly for SF and I wanted him Tunsil or Conklin and wanted absolutely nothing to do with Jack.

How it turns out remains to be seen but super thrilled with the pick. Shore up the line, saddle him with Armstead in year 2 and (hopefully) a healthy Ian Williams and that line shows promise.

Now nab oline, ILB, OLB and QB.

Agreed.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Twin towers baby. Armstead and Buckner gonna wreck s**t, destroy people. Loving it!

Dude was more productive than Leonard Williams was last year. Beast!

I am sure Armstead is stoked to have him. They should have instant chemistry.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by susweel:
Good player.

we had to take him because AA was such a flop.

Or they'll be a monster pair of DEs for years to come in the 3-4.

2/3rds of that "3" should be set for years.

If AA was any good they would have never made this pick. We could have had the RT that we needed desperately.
When was the last time that the majority of the webzone excited for our first round pick?
[ Edited by DJamhour on Apr 28, 2016 at 6:20 PM ]
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
He's good but he's no Eric Armstrong

I hear he's no Neil Armstrong either. His draft profile says that he has virtually no astronaut skills.
Edit: already posted
[ Edited by cwilson830 on Apr 28, 2016 at 6:20 PM ]
Originally posted by Jakemall:
I am sure Armstead is stoked to have him. They should have instant chemistry.

Same coaches from Oregon too. This is awesome!!!
Originally posted by captveg:
Good player.

we had to take him because AA was such a flop.

Or they'll be a monster pair of DEs for years to come in the 3-4.

2/3rds of that "3" should be set for years.

If AA was any good they would have never made this pick. We could have had the RT that we needed desperately.

Lord knows you can't use two good players at different positions

Originally posted by DJamhour:
When was the majority of the webzone excited for our first round pick?

PWilly
Woohoo! Awesome pick!
Originally posted by Trath44:
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
He's good but he's no Eric Armstrong

I hear he's no Neil Armstrong either. His draft profile says that he has virtually no astronaut skills.

What a phony
Lets goo BUCKNER!!!!!

Our DLINE IS GOING TO BE NASTY!!!

Look, I get that you don't watch much football but in Murica we play with two DE's out on the field. 49ers now have two outstanding young prospects that could form an absolutely dominant duo going forwards.
Share 49ersWebzone