LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 216 users in the forums

DeForest Buckner Traded to the Colts

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by thl408:
How is it that he keeps winning with that arm-over, swim move (vs TEN)? Are OLmen anchoring low to prepare for a bull rush then he kills them with that arm over?

The guard knew it was coming, too. Defo has gotten good at getting skinny and flipping his hips after clearing the guard's hands.

Swim and counter-club are his go-to moves, and they perfectly complement each other.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
I heard a stat today, haven't checked it, but it said Buck was near the top, or tied at the top for, Hits, Hurries, and Sacks. To me this says, our front seven did its job, the back end was horrible. Better coverage, and some of the hits, and hurries become sacks....hear me Sherman and company....its on you!

As I posted this, I thought, this stat, if correct shines a lot of light on the draft this season. Everyone, myself and the pros included felt we needed an edge rusher, and we took a tackle, and bunch of DB's....the bunch of DB's makes a lot more sense.

Hits and hurries. Only 3 sacks because he has no edge help and he's a big boy who's naturally going to take longer to get home.

We need not one but two real edge rushers and Buckner would be a damn monster on the stat sheet.

Doesn't help when he's also getting double teamed.
Originally posted by Alfienator:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
I heard a stat today, haven't checked it, but it said Buck was near the top, or tied at the top for, Hits, Hurries, and Sacks. To me this says, our front seven did its job, the back end was horrible. Better coverage, and some of the hits, and hurries become sacks....hear me Sherman and company....its on you!

As I posted this, I thought, this stat, if correct shines a lot of light on the draft this season. Everyone, myself and the pros included felt we needed an edge rusher, and we took a tackle, and bunch of DB's....the bunch of DB's makes a lot more sense.

Hits and hurries. Only 3 sacks because he has no edge help and he's a big boy who's naturally going to take longer to get home.

We need not one but two real edge rushers and Buckner would be a damn monster on the stat sheet.

Doesn't help when he's also getting double teamed.

Thomas and Jerry will be the recipients of that next year in nickel, hopefully.
Someone is always going to get doubled in pass rush situations--typically one of the two interior rushers. It's a numbers game of 5 vs 4. That's why it's imperative other players win when they get one-on-one matchups.

When Defo gets doubled, Solly and the other guys have to step up. Saleh often sacrifices Solly to get Defo a one-on-one look.
[ Edited by Heroism on May 18, 2018 at 3:26 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
Someone is always going to get doubled in pass rush situations--typically one of the two interior rushers. It's a numbers game of 5 vs 4. That's why it's imperative other players win when they get one-on-one matchups.

When Defo gets doubled, Solly and the other guys have to step up. Saleh often sacrifices Solly to get Defo a one-on-one look.

So don't be stunned if Jerry balls out of control and has a breakout year. Let's just see some wild pressure... We've all seen what that did for us in the past, Nevermind getting a boner for a few more sacks.
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on May 18, 2018 at 3:41 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:

He left a few sacks on the table, too. These two come to mind. One slipped through his arms, and another negated by a penalty. I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting. The guy is a BEAST.

Haha...that Titan guard flailing his arms around is hilarious.

Sexy
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Buck nasty. Too big,too strong, too fast. Uncle Buck is coming y'all.
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on May 23, 2018 at 10:52 PM ]
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

Something good just happened when you see Buckner sweeping.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

Something good just happened when you see Buckner sweeping.

Is it sweeping? I thought he's shoveling. Thinking he's burying the QB lol. s**t was funny when Gould came out at the state of the franchise and did it.
Is it sweeping? I thought he's shoveling. Thinking he's burying the QB lol. s**t was funny when Gould came out at the state of the franchise and did it.

I love it, it's a very unique celebration. Hopefully we see it in the double digits this season.
[ Edited by Gunn49ers on May 24, 2018 at 1:54 PM ]

Buckner is a monster. Love the kid and can't wait to see him next to Thomas on passing downs this year. Could be a top 5 pair of interior pass rushers in the NFL.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

Buckner is a monster. Love the kid and can't wait to see him next to Thomas on passing downs this year. Could be a top 5 pair of interior pass rushers in the NFL.

Yup. NFCW OLines are what,below average at best if you take all 3 combined. With AA and Day rotating, Mitchell and Jones I think we could definitely have one of, if not the best DT GROUP in the NFL by the end of the year. Top 5 would be fine by me
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on May 24, 2018 at 2:54 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone