LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 288 users in the forums

DeForest Buckner Traded to the Colts

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Lobo49er:
No doubt. If you had taken this snap shot at any time during our 3 year run, it would be high on value but those players took years and years to develop. We were also very healthy and got maximum snap counts like Seattle and the Pats in this grid. Consequently, we've been the most consistently injured team over the past 3 years...health...something we as fans ignore.

Q: What was the first move of the ShanaLynch era?

Bingo. It was that moment when I felt the new regime "gets it."

We talked about it every darn yr, but the moment Shanalynch got here, they knew exactly what we had known....we needed better...way better. It was the most important first move.

I couldn't agree more.
Originally posted by Heroism:
and most of those players are either gone or on the precipice of exiting their athletic prime.

Their window is closing and closing fast as a result of the terrible drafts.

I'm not arguing that...just saying drafting those guys will certainly reflect in a graph like was posted.
When is the first time all of the veterans will be on the field and the reporters will be able to see them and report to us?
No doubt. If you had taken this snap shot at any time during our 3 year run, it would be high on value but those players took years and years to develop. We were also very healthy and got maximum snap counts like Seattle and the Pats in this grid. Consequently, we've been the most consistently injured team over the past 3 years...health...something we as fans ignore.

We talked about it every darn yr, but the moment Shanalynch got here, they knew exactly what we had known....we needed better...way better. It was the most important first move.

I couldn't agree more.

Idk if you can say they get it as shan already promised jobs to people if he ever became HC (Rathman incident)
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

I couldn't agree more.

Idk if you can say they get it as shan already promised jobs to people if he ever became HC (Rathman incident)

I think keeping your promise is a strong trait to have as a HC. Regardless if it means sacrificing a fan favorite.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Hang in there, Buckner. We'll get you some help. Hopefully before your prime is over...

Thomas and Buckner side by side will compliment each other really well and be a deadly duo on what I think will be a very good D-Line.
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
Hopefully they put him at end over AA. AA does a better job stuffing gaps inside. Buck brings a better pass rush and should be better off the edge.
Originally posted by TheNef77:
Hopefully they put him at end over AA. AA does a better job stuffing gaps inside. Buck brings a better pass rush and should be better off the edge.

I think we're gonna be running a lot of stunts or guys gonna be swapping positions pre snap to throw the offense off..give different looks to line men. If those 3 guys do their job, the fourth DL should have great opportunities to get some great pressures and sacks aside from the 3 big boys doing their thang.
Barrows says that Solomon will play LDE, therefore Buckner will move to 3tech? Anyone who seconds this move?

Originally posted by communist:
Barrows says that Solomon will play LDE, therefore Buckner will move to 3tech? Anyone who seconds this move?

The coaches?

Makes sense. On passing downs Thomas slides inside and you have Buckner and Thomas coming at you from the middle. I love it! I think Buckner could be a Albert Haynesworth type PLAYER for us.
  • thl408

I'm a fan of DeFo at 3t. Thomas already plays with good leverage so putting him at big DE where many runs will come his way makes sense.
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
Thomas and Buckner side by side will compliment each other really well and be a deadly duo on what I think will be a very good D-Line.

Thunder and Lightning.
Originally posted by thl408:

I'm a fan of DeFo at 3t. Thomas already plays with good leverage so putting him at big DE where many runs will come his way makes sense.

Same here... I honestly hope they see if Thomas can excel and stay at LDE all 3 downs.. then AA slides to 1T in pass downs, the best man takes RDE.
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on May 12, 2017 at 2:17 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone