There are 277 users in the forums

The Last Straw

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Its the same theme over and over Cut costs. Here we are desperate for ol depth and its more important to play hardball over a couple mil than get a quality option into camp. With 55m cap space. Unfathomable.
in other words reward him for his behavior as of late? unbelievable

Um,not about Davis. About us. About OL. This is like the Boone hold out. Just wiggle out a little money for the guy and get him with us. He won't reinstate until a new contract is in place, obviously. So obviously these negotiations are what's holding things up. This is all on FO, even if Davis has the maturity of a whiny teenager.

you are basically justifying his actions and his tweets. make fun of the front office. they cave and give into whatever demands he has.. yup that is the right way to run a team
Originally posted by cciowa:
Its the same theme over and over Cut costs. Here we are desperate for ol depth and its more important to play hardball over a couple mil than get a quality option into camp. With 55m cap space. Unfathomable.
in other words reward him for his behavior as of late? unbelievable

Um,not about Davis. About us. About OL. This is like the Boone hold out. Just wiggle out a little money for the guy and get him with us. He won't reinstate until a new contract is in place, obviously. So obviously these negotiations are what's holding things up. This is all on FO, even if Davis has the maturity of a whiny teenager.

Obviously? Who knows what us going through his twisted mind? But if that is what is holding up his come back, then in this instance Baalke is d*mn sure doing the right thing and not giving in to extortion from a punk.
I would rather overpay a whiny tweet like davis than ssiffe through 16 games of pears/ devey.
I would rather overpay a whiny tweet like davis than ssiffe through 16 games of pears/ devey.

Nope. And if we do, what's next with him? And whether he is here or not, the chance of Devey/Pears being day one starters as a tandem is zero. Chip is the coach now not Tomsula.
IHATELOWELLCOHN = Trent Baalke? Or Cassie?

Originally posted by IHATELOWELLCOHN:
I'm not going to blast the 49ers FO because the media and fans have that covered. I will bet you money that Davis was told to take a pay cut and or he will compete for his position. Those two requests are more than reasonable for a guy with concussion history who's not getting any younger. This man was a good run blocker and a below average pass blocker. He up and quit which isn't the bad part. You don't want to be on this team fine but there is a way to go about it. How did AD handle it? He got a gasoline can and poured more on the fire that's been burning since the 2013 NFC Championship Game. Thanks AD. That's the part I don't like.

There will be people that defend Davis for speaking his mind. That's fine you're entitled to your opinion but you will still be wrong. Act like a freakn pro for once. This guy puts his whole life on Twitter. Tweeting crap to opponents after games and he usually didn't even play that well. 2010, 2011 and 2012 were great but he sucked his last two seasons and was always hurt. Just because he took a year off means nothing to me except he's probably out of shape. I bet he's either 220lbs. or 400lbs. Either way how long until he's fit to play? I don't want to waste time finding out so package Davis and Krap and get an additional early round pick. TB needs to hit on 4 impact players in rounds 1-3 and currently we only have 3 picks. Who cares about having 4 6th round picks and 3 7th rounders. What the hell are we going to do with them? 12 picks but only 3 or 4 good ones.

Either way today's rant was the last straw. I'm sick of guys like Krap and Davis. It's the new me first attitude that is so en vogue these days. Win a title first then talk and demand crap. Neither of you has accomplished very much besides wearing other team's gear (I knew we had a problem after that photo and then his Twitter response to the outrage, it's just swag. Shutup!!! Can you see Steve Young or Joe wearing a Cowboys hat back in the day when they still played for us? No you can't.) and running your mouth. Tomorrow starts a new era and I don't know if Baalke and the rest of the morons in the FO can get it right. They did it once before and don't tell me it was all McCluelesshan. That's one man and he was here for a minute and couldn't pick a coach to save his life. The question is can they do it again? We will save that for later but let's start by curing the cancer on the roster and get rid of both of these idiots. By the way AD the 49ers still hold your rights dummy, so you can take another year off for all I care.
[ Edited by OneMoreRing on Apr 28, 2016 at 1:26 PM ]
Originally posted by GoldenJoe:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Anthony Davis = below average pass protector?

lol...love when fans rewrite a player's accomplishments/qualities to make themselves feel better about potentially losing said player.

He was an above average tackle for sure but he wasn't some sort of all-pro over his last couple of seasons. I don't care who is in the front office, his behavior is a joke. Plenty of people have to work for s**tty bosses and those people aren't paid 7.5 million a year.

lol...love when fans rewrite a player's accomplishments/qualities to make themselves feel better about potentially losing said player.

He was an above average tackle for sure but he wasn't some sort of all-pro over his last couple of seasons. I don't care who is in the front office, his behavior is a joke. Plenty of people have to work for s**tty bosses and those people aren't paid 7.5 million a year.

Why post a tweet that was deleted? That part about the Doctors is garbage. The same Doctors the rebuilt Bowmans knee? The freaking miracle workers is who Bowman is crying about now? Right.
Originally posted by awp8912:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by awp8912:
LOL maybe just maybe it's the FO that is unprofessional. When we bomb this season, I hope people will continue to blame AD and Kap as "selfish" players.

Fans need to stop assuming you know how our FO conducts business. Stop comparing us to REAL organizations. We are a mess and it starts at the top.

To blame players/coaches who took part in all our success is foolhardy.

Fascinating. So other fans should stop assuming they know how our FO conducts business? On account of your assumptions are of course correct and you know all about the inner workings of our FO.

Dude your assumptions are as valueless as everyone else's.

Sorry I disagree. There is too much evidence that points to my assumptions being closer to reality than blaming the disgruntled players/coaches every single time. When is it enough? Do we need the FO to have a press conference confessing to the years of incompetence and lack of professionalism?

Kap and A.D where not a problem when we were going to NFCCG's and the Super Bowl.

Our front office and P.R department are incredible.
Originally posted by mojave45:

Why post a tweet that was deleted? That part about the Doctors is garbage. The same Doctors the rebuilt Bowmans knee? The freaking miracle workers is who Bowman is crying about now? Right.

So, you are saying A.D and Kap are lying about being misdiagnosed by team physicians? You are also saying that you know this because Bowman recovered from his knee surgery after two years of rehab after his surgery?
Willis and Gore were here when we were complete s**t and they competed and left their hearts out on the field every game and every year. Those are what professionals look like. Not a b***h who joined a loaded team, won a lot, signed a nice fat contract and then invented reasons to b***h out. The FO was great when we were winning, funny how perspectives change.

They FO looked pretty good when Harbaugh was here but I get the feeling he masked their flaws.
They had the same poor structure then that they have now and we know how they royally screwed up the Harbaugh situation.

Originally posted by NCommand:
Get the men and players in here who represent what a 9er is. Quitters are no longer wanted.

I'm glad Baalke is getting a spine and has had enough of all this B.S. from these pansy players!

Brooks is next!
Originally posted by glorydayz:

So, you are saying A.D and Kap are lying about being misdiagnosed by team physicians? You are also saying that you know this because Bowman recovered from his knee surgery after two years of rehab after his surgery?

First show me where Kaepernick ever said that? You and a couple of others think it, he has never said that. Davis mysteriously deleted it. So again, where are you getting your info? If either one made a public claim, and stuck by it, then I would take it seriously. But right now it is only in the minds of a few fans. If it was real, a pro athlete would have recourse. So tell me again your impeccable sources that it ever really happened other than a random deleted tweet? You are the one making an outrageous claim, not me.
Unbelievable thst people support this POS, and his antics, then complain about dysfunctional FO relationships. Players like this cause dysfunction, they aren't the result of it. He is a self entitled a$$hat.

The 49ers FO seems to foster a culture of dysfunction but I would not let AD off the hook for his actions because of that.
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Willis and Gore were here when we were complete s**t and they competed and left their hearts out on the field every game and every year. Those are what professionals look like. Not a b***h who joined a loaded team, won a lot, signed a nice fat contract and then invented reasons to b***h out. The FO was great when we were winning, funny how perspectives change.

They FO looked pretty good when Harbaugh was here but I get the feeling he masked their flaws.
They had the same poor structure then that they have now and we know how they royally screwed up the Harbaugh situation.

I bet this is why he fell out with the organization, they wanted to stop doing things his way and get back to the Baalke plan of success. LOL
Originally posted by glorydayz:

First show me where Kaepernick ever said that? You and a couple of others think it, he has never said that. Davis mysteriously deleted it. So again, where are you getting your info? If either one made a public claim, and stuck by it, then I would take it seriously. But right now it is only in the minds of a few fans. If it was real, a pro athlete would have recourse. So tell me again your impeccable sources that it ever really happened other than a random deleted tweet? You are the one making an outrageous claim, not me.

You show me how it couldn't possibly be true since our team doc's rebuilt Bowman's knee. Also, how could they possibly gain anything by misdiagnosing Bowman's knee injury as he wouldn't have been able to play with that level of injury. Did Kap make up his injuries and get his surgeries done in Colorado instead of by our team Doc's because he truly believes in our medical staff? By the way, he did this against the wishes of the FO. No one even knew Kap was injured until he was placed on IR last year, and I thought hidden injuries were against NFL policy?
Share 49ersWebzone