There are 152 users in the forums

The Last Straw

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by awp8912:
LOL maybe just maybe it's the FO that is unprofessional. When we bomb this season, I hope people will continue to blame AD and Kap as "selfish" players.

Fans need to stop assuming you know how our FO conducts business. Stop comparing us to REAL organizations. We are a mess and it starts at the top.

To blame players/coaches who took part in all our success is foolhardy. They've earned leeway from me. But the suits in our FO, have not.

Go AD, go Kap! Milk the FO. And more players should speak up as well!

As far as AD is concern-I say BS! He has said a lot of things but has not been given specifics. He called out Staley when he himself has had brain dead moments on the field more than Staley has had, yet he has the balls to say that is not acceptable? The only thing why he is getting a headache from Baalke can be seen in his latest tweet, where he says they don't want to win, he only wants to play with an organization and players who want to win as bad as he does. He also tweeted about not getting more support from the front office.

What this all tells me is this-he is been out of football, so he is not getting a guarantee from the niners that the starting job is his, that he is only being told that they would welcome him back but he will need to compete in an open competition. That maybe he wants more money or a renewed contract, but the niners are refusing (rightfully so-he stiffed the team before. That Baalke has said openly and honestly that their draft is not going to affect how they approach the draft (in a nut shell AD coming back or not doesn't matter. A blow to his overrated ego. Baalke has been straight forward and no different than any other FO, the only thing you can say is that some of his choices in the draft or choices like JT as HC, were lacking and not the best.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Anthony Davis = below average pass protector?

lol...love when fans rewrite a player's accomplishments/qualities to make themselves feel better about potentially losing said player.

He was a good run blocker, but just an average pass blocker, better than what we had on the right side. Look at the season before he retired how many pressures he gave up as well as sacks. He is not a leader. A winner is a leader and pulls his teammates together, not divide them. I defended his need to recover his health, but his latest attitude and bs, is turning me off. Whether or not he comes back is not about myself feel better, because when he left, I really never expected him to return, I was in the well s**t happens, time to move on gotta move on. When he said he is going to come back, I said be nice but not holding my breath. I never rewrote a players accomplishments and quals.
It's more a reflection on how kids are being raised today than it is pro sports. It isn't going to get any better either. Rates of narcissism and sociopathy sky rocketing in general. Narcissism especially.

Originally posted by mojave45:
It is a problem all over the league, all through pro sports I blame the NBA.
[ Edited by Evilgenius on Apr 28, 2016 at 1:42 AM ]
Its the same theme over and over Cut costs. Here we are desperate for ol depth and its more important to play hardball over a couple mil than get a quality option into camp. With 55m cap space. Unfathomable.
Bottom line - we can lose with or without him. A new coaching staff has no need to play his mind(less) games, Dump Him ASAP.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Its the same theme over and over Cut costs. Here we are desperate for ol depth and its more important to play hardball over a couple mil than get a quality option into camp. With 55m cap space. Unfathomable.

If the only issue was money then it would be completely ludicrous to not do whatever it takes to get his ass in here.

Would he be an immediate upgrade to the RT position, of course.

On the other hand, his lackadaisical attitude towards Baalke and Co. might cause more trouble than he's worth.

Quality option???
Get the men and players in here who represent what a 9er is. Quitters are no longer wanted.

I'm glad Baalke is getting a spine and has had enough of all this B.S. from these pansy players!
Originally posted by NCommand:
Get the men and players in here who represent what a 9er is. Quitters are no longer wanted.

I'm glad Baalke is getting a spine and has had enough of all this B.S. from these pansy players!

This

Probably why we never won ish from 2011-2013. A lot of guys just thought since we were the most talented club a chip would just fall in our laps. Meanwhile there were other less talented teams staying up late working towards denying us. Now here in 2016 we're still on a quest for 6! Man we're the Niners so we don't have much time or patience for losers

Originally posted by GoldenJoe:
He was an above average tackle for sure but he wasn't some sort of all-pro over his last couple of seasons. I don't care who is in the front office, his behavior is a joke. Plenty of people have to work for s**tty bosses and those people aren't paid 7.5 million a year.

Joe Thomas has been a far better NFL tackle, has never had a chance to experience a tenth of the NFL team success that Davis has had, yet you never hear a peep out of him. Dude goes about his business and acts like a professional, Davis could learn a lot from him.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Apr 28, 2016 at 7:05 AM ]
Unbelievable thst people support this POS, and his antics, then complain about dysfunctional FO relationships. Players like this cause dysfunction, they aren't the result of it. He is a self entitled a$$hat.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

This
you let the inmates run the asylum you are asking for trouble. that was actually don shulas downfall in his last year at miami. i guess blaming the front office is a trendy thing to do and of course trent is not lilly white . but in this case with davis,, no this is all on davis and i hope the team finds a way to screw him in the worse way possible. let brown and a hot shot rookie duke it out for his spot. based on his tweets. the niners are asking for trouble to let this guy into the locker room,.,. besides staley would probably punch him out
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mojave45:
Unbelievable thst people support this POS, and his antics, then complain about dysfunctional FO relationships. Players like this cause dysfunction, they aren't the result of it. He is a self entitled a$$hat.

using davis as a poster boy to prop up their hate for trent and the front office is the stuff of romper room lore
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
in other words reward him for his behavior as of late? unbelievable
Share 49ersWebzone