There are 175 users in the forums

The Last Straw

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'm not going to blast the 49ers FO because the media and fans have that covered. I will bet you money that Davis was told to take a pay cut and or he will compete for his position. Those two requests are more than reasonable for a guy with concussion history who's not getting any younger. This man was a good run blocker and a below average pass blocker. He up and quit which isn't the bad part. You don't want to be on this team fine but there is a way to go about it. How did AD handle it? He got a gasoline can and poured more on the fire that's been burning since the 2013 NFC Championship Game. Thanks AD. That's the part I don't like.

There will be people that defend Davis for speaking his mind. That's fine you're entitled to your opinion but you will still be wrong. Act like a freakn pro for once. This guy puts his whole life on Twitter. Tweeting crap to opponents after games and he usually didn't even play that well. 2010, 2011 and 2012 were great but he sucked his last two seasons and was always hurt. Just because he took a year off means nothing to me except he's probably out of shape. I bet he's either 220lbs. or 400lbs. Either way how long until he's fit to play? I don't want to waste time finding out so package Davis and Krap and get an additional early round pick. TB needs to hit on 4 impact players in rounds 1-3 and currently we only have 3 picks. Who cares about having 4 6th round picks and 3 7th rounders. What the hell are we going to do with them? 12 picks but only 3 or 4 good ones.

Either way today's rant was the last straw. I'm sick of guys like Krap and Davis. It's the new me first attitude that is so en vogue these days. Win a title first then talk and demand crap. Neither of you has accomplished very much besides wearing other team's gear (I knew we had a problem after that photo and then his Twitter response to the outrage, it's just swag. Shutup!!! Can you see Steve Young or Joe wearing a Cowboys hat back in the day when they still played for us? No you can't.) and running your mouth. Tomorrow starts a new era and I don't know if Baalke and the rest of the morons in the FO can get it right. They did it once before and don't tell me it was all McCluelesshan. That's one man and he was here for a minute and couldn't pick a coach to save his life. The question is can they do it again? We will save that for later but let's start by curing the cancer on the roster and get rid of both of these idiots. By the way AD the 49ers still hold your rights dummy, so you can take another year off for all I care.
Agree with most of what you said.

The guy sucks.
I hate him for doing that. He's so pathetic. Be a professional and do it the right way or request a trade don't put it on Twitter and be a punk. I'm sure there are quite a few players that don't like playing for their team or if their team isn't winning but that's no excuse to want to sit on your ass and do nothing and try to get a trade that way.
You're paid millions of dollars, you're compensated handsomely, the least you could do is be a professional. Retire, request a trade, come back, do whatever you want. However, stfu and do it quietly. You're not some all-time great, no one really knows who you are other than Niners fans.
It is a problem all over the league, all through pro sports I blame the NBA.
LOL maybe just maybe it's the FO that is unprofessional. When we bomb this season, I hope people will continue to blame AD and Kap as "selfish" players.

Fans need to stop assuming you know how our FO conducts business. Stop comparing us to REAL organizations. We are a mess and it starts at the top.

To blame players/coaches who took part in all our success is foolhardy. They've earned leeway from me. But the suits in our FO, have not.

Go AD, go Kap! Milk the FO. And more players should speak up as well!
[ Edited by awp8912 on Apr 27, 2016 at 11:07 PM ]
Originally posted by awp8912:
LOL maybe just maybe it's the FO that is unprofessional. When we bomb this season, I hope people will continue to blame AD and Kap as "selfish" players.

Fans need to stop assuming you know how our FO conducts business.
Stop comparing us to REAL organizations. We are a mess and it starts at the top.

To blame players/coaches who took part in all our success is foolhardy.

The bolded is correct. The part where only the FO gets blamed for player failures is not.To not hold players responsible for their actions or lack thereof is insanity.

Fans need to stop assuming you know how our FO conducts business. Stop comparing us to REAL organizations. We are a mess and it starts at the top.

Fascinating. So other fans should stop assuming they know how our FO conducts business? On account of your assumptions are of course correct and you know all about the inner workings of our FO.

Dude your assumptions are as valueless as everyone else's.
Willis and Gore were here when we were complete s**t and they competed and left their hearts out on the field every game and every year. Those are what professionals look like. Not a b***h who joined a loaded team, won a lot, signed a nice fat contract and then invented reasons to b***h out. The FO was great when we were winning, funny how perspectives change.
Originally posted by English:

Fascinating. So other fans should stop assuming they know how our FO conducts business? On account of your assumptions are of course correct and you know all about the inner workings of our FO.

Dude your assumptions are as valueless as everyone else's.

Sorry I disagree. There is too much evidence that points to my assumptions being closer to reality than blaming the disgruntled players/coaches every single time. When is it enough? Do we need the FO to have a press conference confessing to the years of incompetence and lack of professionalism?

Originally posted by GoldenJoe:
Willis and Gore were here when we were complete s**t and they competed and left their hearts out on the field every game and every year. Those are what professionals look like. Not a b***h who joined a loaded team, won a lot, signed a nice fat contract and then invented reasons to b***h out. The FO was great when we were winning, funny how perspectives change.

Funny how Gore didn't retire. A shame really, I'm sure he wanted to stay here after all that professionalism he demonstrated....
FO drafts and hires a bunch of clowns and wonders why it is a circus around here.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Apr 27, 2016 at 11:37 PM ]
Anthony Davis = below average pass protector?

lol...love when fans rewrite a player's accomplishments/qualities to make themselves feel better about potentially losing said player.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Anthony Davis = below average pass protector?

lol...love when fans rewrite a player's accomplishments/qualities to make themselves feel better about potentially losing said player.

He was an above average tackle for sure but he wasn't some sort of all-pro over his last couple of seasons. I don't care who is in the front office, his behavior is a joke. Plenty of people have to work for s**tty bosses and those people aren't paid 7.5 million a year.
Sorry I disagree. There is too much evidence that points to my assumptions being closer to reality than blaming the disgruntled players/coaches every single time. When is it enough? Do we need the FO to have a press conference confessing to the years of incompetence and lack of professionalism?

Lol. And there is also a good deal of evidence which says precisely the opposite. Which is why other posters disagree with you.

Each side is allowed their opinion.
Share 49ersWebzone