There are 211 users in the forums

J-Russ for Free!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I've read about how JaMarcus is willing to sit and learn and do this for free, I say we sign him and allow him to work his way up from being a scout to a 3rd stringer..

the guy still young, and lets give him another chance!!
  • lazy
  • Veteran
eh no thanks. can he even sign with a team for free?
would love to give the guy another shot but unfortunately we are only allowed so many practice squad spots. He could just be wasting out time or being sarcastic/joking. Regardless, teams rarely have extra spots on the 53 or practice squads for this. If we happen to not need a PS spot for some crazy reason, I'd be okay with it. IF we naturally have the extra spot.
He hasn't played for 6 years, 6 years without playing athletics probably zapped most of his natural ability, and his issues despite the popular notion extended beyond his laziness. He was abysmally inaccurate.

Jamarcus needs to realize it's over, and no he can't sign with a team for free.
[ Edited by McClusky on Apr 27, 2016 at 2:17 PM ]
Originally posted by lazy:
eh no thanks. can he even sign with a team for free?

They could just have him return the cash once he cashes his league minimum check if they really wanted to, but he would probably at least have to sign for SOMETHING (like a $1) but the NFL probably wouldn't even allow that. Only for players retiring and sign back with their original team for a day.
He can always try his hand at rugby (union/league/sevens).
who knows? he's a young athlete and may be trying a different perspective on life. I wouldn't be shocked if he could still run and throw hard/far. America is on a healthy awareness rise and he may have jumped on the bandwagon. He may be just as good at beating college kids arses over the holidays and people think he should try to get his career back since he figured to be around the same level, just needs to finely tune it and work on learning the playbook and accuracy.
[ Edited by MrMrMEanerMister on Apr 27, 2016 at 2:23 PM ]
  • Chico
  • Veteran

he spent all his money and will do anything to make a comeback

just to see if they COULD do it with worse QB play.

I admit I'd actually tune into games with an excitement. A total 180 from 2015.
He's a York guy.
This gets my vote for the silliest and most absurd conversation of the month.
Originally posted by crake49:
This gets my vote for the silliest and most absurd conversation of the month.

Nothing new
Share 49ersWebzone