LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 213 users in the forums

Which is the STRONGEST position group on the Niners?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which is the STRONGEST position group on the Niners?

Originally posted by GarnerValleyFan:
Tomsula is coming back? Happy days'll be here again? Where is Tomsula anyways, anyone got any updates?

With his feet up in Cancun.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Linebackers.

Bowman and Lynch are easily the best players on D and Brooks is good

This was hard. So many weak positions.

Bowman yes, Lynch no....Lets give Lynch 4 years before we put him beside Bowman.
Originally posted by GarnerValleyFan:
Our QBs vs SheHawk's:

Us:
Blaine: 6'4", 235lbs, hand size: 10", 40yds: 4.61 sec.
Driskel: 6'4", 234lbs, hand size: 9 3/4", 40yds: 4.56 sec.
Kaep: 6'4", 230lbs, hand size: 9 1/8", 40yds: 4.53 sec

Shehawks:
Wilson: 5'11", 215lbs, hand size: 10 1/4", 40yds: 4,55 sec.
Adams: 5'11", 200lbs, hand size: 9 1/8", 40 yds: 4.83 sec.
Boykin: 6', 212 lbs, hand size: 9 3/8", 40 yds: 4.77 sec.,

Folks, not in the same leaque, them shehawks has three midgets, and we have three giants.
If all were on the same team, Russell would be the starter
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Safety

Got 2 former pro-bowlers in Bethea and Reid, and 2 good young players in Ward and Tartt.

This and it's not close.

What kills me is people say Bethea is on the chopping block. I am like What? Reid has concussion issues, the team needs something that is strong as a position group. Safety is the only option at this point in time.
Originally posted by JohnMatrix:
Your assessment of Lynch is laughable. He's one of the best young outside linebackers in the league.
No He's not....where are the numbers that put him in the top 20...He has the potential, but that doesn't scare opposing offenses.
Originally posted by 9erred:
What kills me is people say Bethea is on the chopping block. I am like What? Reid has concussion issues, the team needs something that is strong as a position group. Safety is the only option at this point in time.

He's also a great veteran presence on a very young team.
Originally posted by Niners99:
lol wtf, how is CB winning? DL is now CLEARLY our strongest position. Williams, Armstead, Buckner, Dial, Dorsey, Blair, etc.

The poll started well in advance of the draft, so a lot of votes were tallied before DeFo and Blair were drafted, and after we heard Williams and Dorsey would likely not be healthy by training camp.
  • dj43
I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest the OL should now be getting a lot more than 1% of the vote. Just replacing Devey with Garnett is a HUGE move. One of the rooks is also likely to replace Pears as well. Kilgore being fully healthy is another plus.

Compare: Staley, Boone, Martin, Devey, Pears

to

Staley, Garnett, Kilgore, Tiller, Brown with Beadles and Thomas as backups.

That is much better.
Originally posted by Niners99:
lol wtf, how is CB winning? DL is now CLEARLY our strongest position. Williams, Armstead, Buckner, Dial, Dorsey, Blair, etc.
I voted for CB/S because our DL's success if far more reliant on rookies and unproven players. Armstead has a long way to go, Ian Williams' injury cost him a long term deal, and Buckner is a rookie. The other players are rotational players that don't tip the scale. Brock, Bethea, and Reid alone are all proven NFL vets.
Originally posted by dsmith_49erz:
If all were on the same team, Russell would be the starter

really? midget has limited upside and growth potential

• MFWIC
  • Veteran
Special teams
Originally posted by dsmith_49erz:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Linebackers.

Bowman and Lynch are easily the best players on D and Brooks is good

This was hard. So many weak positions.

Bowman yes, Lynch no....Lets give Lynch 4 years before we put him beside Bowman.
We are talking about the best cores. That doesn't mean Lynch= Bowman. I just think Lynch is the second best D player on the team after Bowman.

Who on the D at this time besides Bowman is better then Lynch?
Share 49ersWebzone