LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 251 users in the forums

Which is the STRONGEST position group on the Niners?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which is the STRONGEST position group on the Niners?

Originally posted by PacTiger:
Some of you guys are in position denial. How can we rate the DL and LBs as good when we get gashed on the ground and can't get to the QB to disrupt pass plays? We haven't come close to replacing Aldon and Justin in any way on this defense.

You can't say that yet. Justin took years to develop and didn't fully reach his full potential until he came here under the 3-4 and under Tomsula. For all we know AA is in that same timetable.

Aldon. More HOF talent on the field. Very few teams have replaced a talent like that. Maybe it's Harold or Carradine or a draft pick. Fingers crossed on this one!
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
I laughed.

Yes, have to give this one to the safeties. This team is not lacking horribly in talent. They just need to draft well at a few key spots, and coach up the unprovens we already have.

Much better stated.
Our safteys far and away

Remember out SB run LB crew?
Aldon healthy and on the f**king field, Pat, Bow at his best, Brooks in his prime...
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Leakers
Lynch alone makes our LB group tops in the league

He had what, 20-30 sacks last year? Beast
Management and ownership
I agree with the point about having a lot of young players who can still develop. But they haven't yet. Hopefully this will be a big year for some of them.

I am talking about players like Brandon Thomas, Marcus Martin, Eli Harold, etc.

It's easy to be pessimistic but if the Niners have a good draft (with a few starters), some of these current younger players develop and they get some better coaching, they might be okay.

Hopefully Chip's scheme works too.
[ Edited by Lurker on Apr 23, 2016 at 9:02 AM ]
Safety maybe the strongest position group for this team, but I wouldn't call it an elite group.
Honestly our team is weak across the board. So none
Originally posted by vermonator:
Safety maybe the strongest position group for this team, but I wouldn't call it an elite group.

I would lol. Two pro bowlers, and two potential pro bowlers.

Originally posted by gold49er2183:

So 2 players with meaningless honors and 2 players that are simply on the roster

f**k ya elite
Our stadium wifi.

Besides that every other thing about this team is a question mark.
Originally posted by RonMexico:

So 2 players with meaningless honors and 2 players that are simply on the roster

f**k ya elite
Ok let me rephrase, if you find probowls meaningless.

Two players who have performed very well in the past, one who was playing great at the end of last season, and two young players who show a ton of promise especially when playing together at the end of the season. Although one was playing slot.

Wtf does simply on the roster even mean? They will all get significant playing time except maybe better. Talent at a position is talent at a position. Though they might not be elite yet it's a promising position.

alt pro bowl for the win!
  • MikeD
  • Veteran
We got Bowman and Lynch and LBs are at 6% right now
Share 49ersWebzone