There are 144 users in the forums

Which is the STRONGEST position group on the Niners?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which is the STRONGEST position group on the Niners?

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Kicker

Some of you guys are in position denial. How can we rate the DL and LBs as good when we get gashed on the ground and can't get to the QB to disrupt pass plays? We haven't come close to replacing Aldon and Justin in any way on this defense.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by PacTiger:
Some of you guys are in position denial. How can we rate the DL and LBs as good when we get gashed on the ground and can't get to the QB to disrupt pass plays? We haven't come close to replacing Aldon and Justin in any way on this defense.

excuse me Sir!? Ahem, Erick Armstrong?? Helllooooooooooooooo. did you not witness his dominance last season? dude almost had a bunch of tackles.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by PacTiger:

excuse me Sir!? Ahem, Erick Armstrong?? Helllooooooooooooooo. did you not witness his dominance last season? dude almost had a bunch of tackles.

I stand corrected. I need the draft.
Watching all the games last year on the all 22 with some people I know its safety
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Bowman.
The End.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SoCold:
Bowman.
The End.

what's sad is that he's just a shell of his former self.
I am depressed now
Safety
Special teams is very..........special.

Originally posted by SoCold:
Bowman.
The End.

what's sad is that he's just a shell of his former self.

Uh, didn't he lead the league in tackles last year?
O L where do you kick this off without being defensive or worse causing offense? I might be wide of the mark and I don't want to run back and face a line up being accused of being full or even half much less a quarter tanked. I will take a punt, though a little guarded and say that though tight in the end it is all about safety.
Don't fear because around the corner is chips and a juicy long snapper.
[ Edited by KeepRabbitsOut on Apr 23, 2016 at 7:13 AM ]
Kicker
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Safety

Got 2 former pro-bowlers in Bethea and Reid, and 2 good young players in Ward and Tartt.

And McCray who's our #1 gunner on ST's but the dude can actually play S too unlike Dahl.

Tight Ends. Lots of options and growing skill sets.

Running backs for sure.

Too early to tell on the others. For all we know Trenton Brown and Andrew Tiller continue their ascension and suddenly T (Staley/Brown/Stanley) and G (Beadles/Tiller and Thomas and Martin take a leap) are big time strengths.

WR's? Same concept. After Smith we have a truckload of youth just itching to be utilized.

WILL - maybe both Harold and Carradine are developed now and no longer miscast.

Blaine - maybe he plays terrific under Kelly.

The bottom line is, even with adding more talent in this draft, it's still way too early to tell what we've got or don't have outside the same positions Kelly identified in the S, TE, RB groups and intrigued by Ellington and Gabbert.

Those fans who are stating we have no talent are WAY too premature to state so after just one season on the field (and under some poor circumstances). We should have a really good idea after this season under, hopefully, better coaching, scheme and development.
[ Edited by NCommand on Apr 23, 2016 at 7:25 AM ]

I laughed.

Yes, have to give this one to the safeties. This team is not lacking horribly in talent. They just need to draft well at a few key spots, and coach up the unprovens we already have.
Share 49ersWebzone