LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 407 users in the forums

Trade for a QB?

Assuming we trade Kap I think our best options would be to trade for someone to compete with Gabbertt and draft a QB in the middle rounds.
Here are some options:

1. Sam Bradford knows Kelly's system, he's pissed that Phili signed Chase Daniel to a big deal and plan on drafting one. Plus side Phili already gave him a 11 mil signing bonus and we would have him for 7 mil this season.

2. Mike Glennon TB teams have been trying to trade for him for years. His 17 games starting statistics almost identical to Winstons rookie stats, only got benched because coach brought in a vetran to start. Contract year

3. AJ McCarron Bengals played decent last season.

4. Jimmy Garrapoo Patriots New England routinely draft QBs and develop them to trade. He's never going to start in New England.
  • Homer
  • Veteran
Jimmy G intrigues me but I honestly think I'd rather roll with Kapbert than the other names. Bradford is broken, Glennon is meh, and McCarron always rubbed me the wrong way.
Or just roll with Gabbert, Lewis and a mid to late round rookie. After it all shakes out, look early in the draft next year.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
For what? We have blaine gabberts
There are no options out there that are going to give you anything more than Gabbert does except maybe Garapalo and he is just as big an unknown as any draft pick. I say stand pat no reason to spend draft capital on guys who bring about the same level of talent to the table.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Or just roll with Gabbert, Lewis and a mid to late round rookie. After it all shakes out, look early in the draft next year.

Chip improves QB's - look what he did w/Mr. Peanut Brittle

I feel he'll improve Gabbert and then HOPEFULLY get a top QB next year.

IMO, if Trent doesn't get a really good draft - the pressure will mount and he'll be gone.

There are no more people to be the fall guys - it's ALL on him.

He can't afford time for someone to develop - he needs a guy to come in and perform like Aldon did.
Gabbert will excel in Chip's offense
  • MikeD
  • Veteran
If Chip can use Carlos Hyde properly without overusing him like they wanted to do last year, he'll be a key factor in improving the offense
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

I wouldnt say he improves them as much as puts them in better situations to succeed but its still up to the QB to execute which is why Foles was shown the door.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

I wouldnt say he improves them as much as puts them in better situations to succeed but its still up to the QB to execute which is why Foles was shown the door.

True

I still feel Gab is much better than he's demonstrated and w/an effective OLine and system he'll excel.

Probably not to a level of a franchise QB but an excellent back-up which is very hard to find and keep.

Most of the excellent back-ups seem to be grabbed as starters by teams lacking franchise QB's.

Bobby Gabbert
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
6th rounder for Aaron Rodgers
I think we won't be able to find anyone better via trade than what we already currently have on the roster.

We'll have to hope the QB of the future is found via the draft, be that this year or (more likely) next year (or beyond)
Originally posted by MikeD:
If Chip can use Carlos Hyde properly without overusing him like they wanted to do last year, he'll be a key factor in improving the offense

Chip likes to mix it up with his RBs so I think for sure Hyde is going to be used properly and not ran into the ground like Tomsula did.

What we really need to do to keep Hyde healthy is fix that O-line so he doesn't constantly get first contact in the backfield or at the LOS
[ Edited by JustinNiner on Apr 22, 2016 at 9:49 AM ]
I would rather bring in Fitzgerald
Share 49ersWebzone