LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 246 users in the forums

How does the Eagles Trade affect the Niners

Shop Find 49ers gear online

How does the Eagles Trade affect the Niners

It was't even a week ago that the Los Angeles Rams acquired the top pick in the NFL Draft from the Tennessee Titans. Now, another blockbuster trade has occurred at the top. The Philadelphia Eagles have moved up to the number two spot behind the Rams in a trade with the Cleveland Browns.

The Eagles get pick number two and a 2017 fourth-round selection. The Browns acquire the Eagles' number 8, number 77 (third round), and number 100 (fourth round) selections in this year's draft, along with next year's first-round pick and a second-round pick in 2018.

RELATEDLouisiana Tech RB Kenneth Dixon visited 49ers

The move puts the Eagles in good position to select a quarterback of the future. Cal QB Jared Goff and North Dakota State QB Carson Wentz are expected to be the first quarterbacks selected. - See more at: http://www.49erswebzone.com/news/93350-eagles-trade-browns-pick/#sthash.BQ5CnbGv.dpuf
All this does is make it more plausible that the Niners will NOT draft a QB in the first round - if they get a defensive stud or an o-line stud, I'll be fine with the first round.
Originally posted by crake49:
All this does is make it more plausible that the Niners will NOT draft a QB in the first round - if they get a defensive stud or an o-line stud, I'll be fine with the first round.

Paxton Lynch
Weird draft. Agree with Crake.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I still like the idea of trading for Bradford..
Doesnt change anything, only calms the minds of those thinking we still had a chance to get goff.
Is there any indication that the Eagles or Rams could go for a position other than QB? Is it confirmed who they moved up for? Could they shock us with a Buckner pick or something along those lines?

P.S. Niners would be stupid to trade Kap now.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Apr 20, 2016 at 11:55 AM ]
With the 2nd pick gone, that makes Keeping Kap a bit more of a possibility which should give us more leverage in a possible trade to the broncos.
I believe the draft falls like this now:
1. Rams-Goff
2. Eagles-Wentz
3. Chargers-Ramsey
4. Cowboys-Bosa
5. Jaguars-Jack
6. Ravens-Tunsil
7. 49ers-Buckner
A dream come true for 49er fans
Originally posted by NinerGod:
Doesnt change anything, only calms the minds of those thinking we still had a chance to get goff.

+1
It just rules out the QB scenario.
It makes the Phoenix scenario (invest in lines) more likely.

Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Is there any indication that the Eagles or Rams could go for a position other than QB? Is it confirmed who they moved up for? Could they shock us with a Buckner pick or something along those lines?

The Rams will take Goff and the Eagles will take Wentz. The Browns really wanted Goff so after the Rams traded up they were like "f**k this" and traded down.

The Titans and the Browns between them potentially could hold 4 of the top 10 pick's in next year's draft.

P.S. Niners would be stupid to trade Kap now.
I don't see how this changes anything really. If he isn't in their long term plans then it doesn't matter who they draft. They'll take a QB still, just not in the 1st round.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Apr 20, 2016 at 12:01 PM ]
We're trading down and taking Conklin
How does this affect us?

This move made Chip Kelly and Trent Baalke laugh really hard together!
Originally posted by SanFranFanfrmVa:
I believe the draft falls like this now:
1. Rams-Goff
2. Eagles-Wentz
3. Chargers-Ramsey
4. Cowboys-Bosa
5. Jaguars-Jack
6. Ravens-Tunsil
7. 49ers-Buckner
A dream come true for 49er fans
I'm OK w/ this. Ultimately this just guarantees we don't get one of the top 2 QB's which is GREAT!
Well...in terms of how it affects the Niners.....It makes me consider the fact that maybe it wasn't Chip making all the stupid ass roster decisions after all.
Share 49ersWebzone