LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 294 users in the forums

Chip and Trent already having problems?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
So there is an article on the main page by cbs that quotes Brian baldinger as saying that he has heard that their are already problems between chip kelly and Trent baalke.

It goes on to assume that the issue involves the handling of Kaep.

Anyone think this is legit? If so, who should be the first to go if our coach and gm fail to get along again?
Originally posted by Adman311:
So there is an article on the main page by cbs that quotes Brian baldinger as saying that he has heard that their are already problems between chip kelly and Trent baalke.

It goes on to assume that the issue involves the handling of Kaep.

Anyone think this is legit? If so, who should be the first to go if our coach and gm fail to get along again?

Both. Hell I am a grown man and I can't see how feelings come into the midst of doing business doing work in a team setting. I work with men and women daily. I do work and feelings got very little to do with it. As far as Chip and Trent are concerned they gotta figure out what the other needs and whether it fits and get to building a team that can win
Chip has been following the company line which is everything goes through Baalke. Funny that this article surfaces the day the Rams move up to a penthouse pick. Did Chip have his eye on Wentz or Goff? Whatever the reason, Baalke's seat is getting warmer.
The one that gawked and laughed when he discussed how easily Harbaugh could be replaced and our success could stay the same if not improve.

Fire that arrogant one.
If there is a beef over personnel and it has anything to do with the QB position or even the offense in general, Baalke is likely the one in the wrong.
If they are all in with Chip they have to give him the tools on offense he thinks he needs.
Originally posted by awp8912:
The one that gawked and laughed when he discussed how easily Harbaugh could be replaced and our success could stay the same if not improve.

Fire that arrogant one.

That one is also the same one who has an emerging bald spot, and a pear shaped body.
That doesn't surprise me at all. LOL.
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
If there is a beef over personnel and it has anything to do with the QB position or even the offense in general, Baalke is likely the one in the wrong.
If they are all in with Chip they have to give him the tools on offense he thinks he needs.

As I mentioned in the other thread, if there is a dispute between them, and keep in mind the source is a Philly sports talk show, if there is a dispute, I think it firmly centers on Kaepernick. I think one wants him gone, the other wants him to stay.

My guess would be that Baalke wants to hold on to Kaepernick for as long as it takes to get the most compensation and Kelly flat out doesn't want him around, see's him as a distraction and wants him traded for whatever they can get in return right now.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

As I mentioned in the other thread, if there is a dispute between them, and keep in mind the source is a Philly sports talk show, if there is a dispute, I think it firmly centers on Kaepernick. I think one wants him gone, the other wants him to stay.

My guess would be that Baalke wants to hold on to Kaepernick for as long as it takes to get the most compensation and Kelly flat out doesn't want him around, see's him as a distraction and wants him traded for whatever they can get in return right now.
Could also be the reverse. Kelly might want Kaep, TB be all like "hell to the no!"
Originally posted by fropwns:
Could also be the reverse. Kelly might want Kaep, TB be all like "hell to the no!"

Makes more sense that Baalke is the one holding on, trying to get max compensation. After Foles, I don't buy that Kelly ever really wanted Kaepernick. Some of the exact same weaknesses in their game.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Apr 14, 2016 at 8:55 PM ]

I am not sure how Kaepernick could be hurting the team by being on the roster at this point, if he wants him gone sometime between now and training camp should not be an issue for him.
If he wants Kaepernick to stay of Chip wants a specific QB in the draft, Baalke has to defer to Chip.
If there is even a "smidgen" of truth to the story then Baalke needs to be fired immediately.

He's already played a roll in getting one extremely successful coach fired.

If Chip gets "ran out of town" after having some success too, it will be f**king IMPOSSIBLE to hire a HC that has other options in the NFL.
[ Edited by InsertNameHere on Apr 15, 2016 at 7:01 AM ]
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Everyone has issues with trent...

I am not sure how Kaepernick could be hurting the team by being on the roster at this point, if he wants him gone sometime between now and training camp should not be an issue for him.
If he wants Kaepernick to stay of Chip wants a specific QB in the draft, Baalke has to defer to Chip.

Chip's system is bigger than any distraction. If he thinks Kap is negative influence Chip for sure wants him gone ASAP
My guess Chip realized Baalke has no plan.
Share 49ersWebzone