LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 242 users in the forums

How does the Rams trade affect us?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

How does the Rams trade affect us?

If you weren't sold on the 2 QBs then it means we basically just went from the #7 pick in the draft to the #5 pick in the draft for free. In my mind there are 5 elite prospects in the draft. Now we are all but guaranteed to get one.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
We must, IMO, build up both lines.

The wars are still won in the trenches.

I'm hoping for Buckner but am apprehensive he'll be there.

Butler seems more and more appealing.

Imagin if Tunsil fell! I know - that's really fantasy football.

I think the Rams will get a good QB however the RGIII debacle does come to mind.

if that linebacker ,jack, everyone is talking about is there as well when we pick, would you change your opinion? if i were the gm and all those guys were there when we picked i would get to excited , pee my pants. forget who i am and probably miss doing the pick like the vikes did
Originally posted by cciowa:
We must, IMO, build up both lines.

The wars are still won in the trenches.

I'm hoping for Buckner but am apprehensive he'll be there.

Butler seems more and more appealing.

Imagin if Tunsil fell! I know - that's really fantasy football.

I think the Rams will get a good QB however the RGIII debacle does come to mind.

if that linebacker ,jack, everyone is talking about is there as well when we pick, would you change your opinion? if i were the gm and all those guys were there when we picked i would get to excited , pee my pants. forget who i am and probably miss doing the pick like the vikes did

they wont all be there but were guarantied atleast one of them unless the teams in front of us go offense. there are a couple top receivers and a stud rb too so we may have choices on defense at 7
Originally posted by mutant-man49:
Only effects us now that we're gonna have to face Wentz twice a year for a long time. Hope he's not as good as most think he'll be.

Man I remember a few laughing off the Russell Wilson draft pick... there was one poster who said he would haunt us for years to come.

BUT we have played well against him lately...but still he is annoying.

Rams have offensive talent to surround which ever QB they get.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
I think Walsh said you draft defensive talent and you develop offensive talent. We have the coach to do just that

Great point!
Hopefully, this will work just as well as the Sam Bradford thing.
Not an accurate poll imo.

I'm more concerned about what we're doing and IMO Jared Goff would've been the perfect fit for us. Now that's not going to happen...or at least the odds drop waaay down.

If Rams draft Wentz(my hope) who knows how it will work out for them. I think they gave up way too much and it will hurt...especially if the guy they draft proves to be a failure.
Jack*
Bosa
Tunsil
Ramsey
Buckner

Were a better team with any of those players.
*My pick
Only effects us now that we're gonna have to face Wentz twice a year for a long time. Hope he's not as good as most think he'll be.

Yes it's the whole premise of this pole. If they get a Mirer or (fingers crossed) a Leaf along w/ all the draft picks they just lost then they could be in trouble for years to come. If they end up with a Luck then they could be good. They already have a D

They may have just undone that massive score
Originally posted by LenCat:

Yes it's the whole premise of this pole. If they get a Mirer or (fingers crossed) a Leaf along w/ all the draft picks they just lost then they could be in trouble for years to come. If they end up with a Luck then they could be good. They already have a D

They may have just undone that massive score
yeah, but now the rams put themselves against the wall, they need that pick to become great

• HERN
  • Veteran
I'm not entirely sold that this means both QB's will be gone by 7.

Rams will take the QB of there choice.

Cleveland Browns;
With an aging Joe Thomas, why not go after the top rated player in the draft LT Leremy Tunsil. RGIII might have enough left in the tank.

San Diego Chargers;
Don't need QB.

Dallas Cowboys;
Don't need QB.

Jacksonville Jaguars;
Don't need QB.

Baltimore Ravens;
Don't need QB.

San Francisco 49ers;
Although I would rather not take a QB in the first, I still see the possibility of a QB falling to 7.

There's still the possibility of a team trading up to take the second rated QB, but that wouldve happened regardless of the Rams trading up.

In closing I Don't see this trade affecting any draft strategy Balkee might of had ( assuming he goes in there with a gameplan )
  • nj9er
  • Veteran
I think this sets us back tremendously as a certainty. If we lose out on Goff/ Wentz this year our QB situation is a disaster. While Kap may succeed under Kelly I think the relationship is too strained to work out. Also I don't think Kap bounces back at least not in SF. Now at 7 you don't take a QB since the value isn't there or do you reach for Lynch.

Lynch may be a discussion at 7 if he is there because it at least stops the bleeding at the QB position.

If you don't take Lynch at 7 and you don't trade back you probably go with the best defensive player or OL on the board. Ok that is great but how much of an impact is that player going to have? Most likely one defensive player or OL won't lift this team out of the basement. Also now you have to still deal with QB in round 2 or you have to burn picks to trade your second to move up to make sure you come out with Cook.

It is just a mess now and the odds of cleaning it up are very small.

Also if the Rams nail the pick we are going to be in the basement of the NFC West for a very long time. Seattle has a QB for unforeseeable future, Arizona has a QB for next few years, and now the Rams could have a QB for next decade. We could be left trying to plug in a QB off the scrap pile year after year.
Originally posted by nj9er:
I think this sets us back tremendously as a certainty. If we lose out on Goff/ Wentz this year our QB situation is a disaster. While Kap may succeed under Kelly I think the relationship is too strained to work out. Also I don't think Kap bounces back at least not in SF. Now at 7 you don't take a QB since the value isn't there or do you reach for Lynch.

Lynch may be a discussion at 7 if he is there because it at least stops the bleeding at the QB position.

If you don't take Lynch at 7 and you don't trade back you probably go with the best defensive player or OL on the board. Ok that is great but how much of an impact is that player going to have? Most likely one defensive player or OL won't lift this team out of the basement. Also now you have to still deal with QB in round 2 or you have to burn picks to trade your second to move up to make sure you come out with Cook.

It is just a mess now and the odds of cleaning it up are very small.

Also if the Rams nail the pick we are going to be in the basement of the NFC West for a very long time. Seattle has a QB for unforeseeable future, Arizona has a QB for next few years, and now the Rams could have a QB for next decade. We could be left trying to plug in a QB off the scrap pile year after year.

Cmon man stay positive. People compare Goff to Matt Ryan and while he's a good QB, the guy has two playoff appearances in 8 season.

I'm hoping the Rams draft Goff instead of Wentz.
  • MikeD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HERN:
I'm not entirely sold that this means both QB's will be gone by 7.

Rams will take the QB of there choice.

Cleveland Browns;
With an aging Joe Thomas, why not go after the top rated player in the draft LT Leremy Tunsil. RGIII might have enough left in the tank.

San Diego Chargers;
Don't need QB.

Dallas Cowboys;
Don't need QB.

Jacksonville Jaguars;
Don't need QB.

Baltimore Ravens;
Don't need QB.

San Francisco 49ers;
Although I would rather not take a QB in the first, I still see the possibility of a QB falling to 7.

There's still the possibility of a team trading up to take the second rated QB, but that wouldve happened regardless of the Rams trading up.

In closing I Don't see this trade affecting any draft strategy Balkee might of had ( assuming he goes in there with a gameplan )

Don't count out Dallas, Romo is getting older and they might go QB
Originally posted by ForeverYoung8:
Jack*
Bosa
Tunsil
Ramsey
Buckner

Were a better team with any of those players.
*My pick

Agreed. I think the Niners were let off the hook in having to pick Wentz or Goff. There are other QB's later in the draft who could be developed. My vote is for Jack too.
Share 49ersWebzone