LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 234 users in the forums

Do you have any faith in the organization's "plan" for next year?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do you have any faith in the organization's "plan" for next year?

I know we're in a somewhat dead zone in terms of activity up until the draft but it still alarms me that this team has almost done literally nothing beyond get a new coaching staff. And I know to some, the new staff alone will right the ship (albeit that they come with their own set of question marks but are still a real staff in comparison to Tomsula). But others see this team as an empty cupboard that got even emptier with free agency and a GM who hasn't made any real moves beyond Zane Beadles.

So Webzone, I ask you: do you have faith in the plan for 2016? Do you feel like there even is a plan? Curious to see what the poll yields.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Got more faith in the tooth fairy.
Assuming that their plan is to basically tank and come out with a high pick in a draft that is absolutely loaded at the very top, then yeah sure.

But if that isnt what they are going for then I'd be very confused.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Apr 12, 2016 at 12:01 PM ]
  • MikeD
  • Veteran
No more CFL players in free agency?
I might if I had any idea what the plan is, or if there is one.
I don't feel like they have had any plan for the past 24 months.
There probably is no plan. Like the joker says, "I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it. You know, I just… do things"
Yes
I am not a person of faith. I have hopes. I have no faith in any plan of theirs, but I hope that any plan they have works out.
Plan appears to build through the draft which is fine but requires good picks.

People love to discredit Baalke and give all the credit to Scotty M for the roster that got us to the SB but go look at Scott's free agents this year and tell me what he doing that is different then Baalke? I give you a hint, he signed a whopping two guys.

Signing a boatload of free agents isn't the answer. Especially when it's a weak free agent class.

I just hope we nail at least 3 or 4 draft picks.

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Yes

If they made Jed (you?) the head coach you'd have faith.
How dare you underestimate the impact that Thad Lewis will have on this team.
[ Edited by NorthBay49er on Apr 12, 2016 at 12:34 PM ]
As long as Denise owns the team, it's questionable. In other words, sell the friggin team Denise!
There is a plan and free agency showed it. We didn't really get anyone because Chaalke (you like that?) want to rebuild through the draft and stockpile a sh*tload of cap space so that when we finally are a contender, we can add those missing pieces. The sucky part is that we have no idea how long it will take to get to that point.

I think it can happen within 2 seasons. Watch out NFL, the 2018 49ers are coming at ya!
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
There is a plan and free agency showed it. We didn't really get anyone because Chaalke (you like that?) want to rebuild through the draft and stockpile a sh*tload of cap space so that when we finally are a contender, we can add those missing pieces. The sucky part is that we have no idea how long it will take to get to that point.

I think it can happen within 2 seasons. Watch out NFL, the 2018 49ers are coming at ya!

But it's a "win now" league. If he's planning for 2018 he better plan on finding a new job too because even as much as Jed loves him, that ain't gonna fly if we tank this season and next.
Share 49ersWebzone