LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 234 users in the forums

I have HATE in my blood

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Name of an older song by Jermaine Dupri....check it out sometime.

I bring up this thread because my buddy a Skins fan always comments about "my hate" whenever I rail against Wilson, Seattle, Elway, etc.

It's so true, and I won't deny it. I've tended to be very indifferent to most of the NFL, only hating 1 or 2 teams at any given time (e.g. Giants, Seahawks) based on rivalries.

Now I have a hatred against the entire league pretty much.

Ever since the Harbaugh defection, to see the hate leveled against the 49ers not stop but possibly increase is ridiculous. 70-80% of the teams considered "better" than the 49ers now were invisible during the Jim H era (Skins, Jets, Dolphins, Bills, Titans, Jags, Rams, Raiders, etc).

No need to bring up Seattle.....we all know what they're about 24/7/365.

I will say this is not entirely a negative post. In fact I'd like to EMBRACE it, as it will only serve up more intensity for PLEASURE when the 49ers eventually bounce back to dominance! (however many years that will be.....IT WILL come again).

Watching the Niners in the playoffs, esp. 2011.....the sheer amount of cursing and hatred in the Saints game was unbelievable. Every single play on defense that could be considered a success for the Saints was an affront to me personally. Jimmy Graham argued for interference on that first drive covered by Carlos Rogers (didn't get it) and all I could yell was "f*** you!!" to him like a savage. My inner Eagle/Raider animalistic tendencies were brought out!

Same thing with playing the Packers in the 2012 opener.....very intense. There is a reason why these two victories were so cathartic for Niner fans....

It all leveled off with success and now after a season of futility, things are pretty mellow, naturally.

Wherever you're at, embrace the hate.
I miss playoff football.

Waking up on game day was like nothing else.
The Jim Harbaugh years seem so far away now.
I miss the dynasty run. As good as the harbaugh teams were, they were never 80s and 90s niner good. It's just a different league now and you don't get teams of that quality. The harbaugh run was short lived not only because of his early departure but also the fact we absolutely wasted the talent from '06-'10 with s**tty coaching.

That's the good thing about the league today, you are never as far away from contention as it feels. While 2016 won't be competitive, it could set up a run in 2017 if we finally get an offense established.
I keep my hate hat on all day eryday!
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Follower:
The Jim Harbaugh years seem so far away now.

Ahhh to remember the Harbs/Schwartz handshake scrum?

Fun times
Grind the Meat !!
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
I miss playoff football.

Waking up on game day was like nothing else.

Me too.

Meeting up w/my buds and having brunch in Squaw Valley

By noon were were stewed and havin' a ball.
Harbaugh is kind of like that cool step dad who comes into your life. Then your s**tty hoe mom f**ks it up and he bounces on to better things in life.

• BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners816:
I miss the dynasty run. As good as the harbaugh teams were, they were never 80s and 90s niner good. It's just a different league now and you don't get teams of that quality. The harbaugh run was short lived not only because of his early departure but also the fact we absolutely wasted the talent from '06-'10 with s**tty coaching.

That's the good thing about the league today, you are never as far away from contention as it feels. While 2016 won't be competitive, it could set up a run in 2017 if we finally get an offense established.
Agreed, I felt it wouldn't take much to run the table in the play-offs back in the dynasty era. In 2011-13 I felt everything needed to go right to win play-off games. I was shocked the team won as many play-off games as it did in that era, unlike the dynasty era when I expected them to win most of the play-off games.
Share 49ersWebzone