There are 189 users in the forums

10 wins

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Support of fans make a difference too! Let's click our heels together and say "there's no place like home, where we are going to win 8 games!"
Men, this is football built on parity. Who the hell knows with our young team? They could go 10-6 as easily as 6-10. While my predictions are in the 7-win realm, if a young team can get off to a hot start, who knows. Every year we see teams make crazy runs. The Panthers were that team last year. Everyone thought the Broncos were done especially after noodle arm went down.

Rebuild Year 1 = 5 wins (sounds about right especially in a real rebuild where you don't even have a QB)
Year 2 = 6-8 wins (seems about right)
[ Edited by NCommand on Apr 11, 2016 at 4:54 PM ]
I'll take the under.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
10 wins? we ain't being coached by Hue Jackson

12-4 Chip
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I'm gonna say 8-8 record IF they don't have any kind of QB controversy. I'm gonna say the defense will be the bigger issue next season and the cause of a few losses, I'm not sold on the DC. It could be argued that Jim O-Neil had a better roster than the 49ers and he could barely do a thing with them. I'm calling it one and done before Jason Tarver takes over.
Originally posted by SFBuckeye:
Support of fans make a difference too! Let's click our heels together and say "there's no place like home, where we are going to win 8 games!"

We have too many unfaithful fans
Im sorry, but there is no way in hell this team wins 10 games. You can already put down 4 losses to the Seahawks and cards
Yes, 10 wins sounds like a reasonable estimate for our combined wins in 2016 and 2017.

Yeah right........

I am calling it already back 2 back
5-11 identical records.

I'm calling out 10 wins for next season and let me give you the reasons.

1. Chip Kelly

No really I stopped reading right there got up wiped my ass and flushed the toilet as I watched my shyt swirl down thinking of this thread...
Better than last yet, so 6 Ws. Like NC, no idea if we are going to suddenly jell...remember our D won home games , but died on the road. Shows talent but green, young talent. We had worse than no O. We had a negaitive O. So figure 100% improvement with deletion of what's-his-sula. Then add 60% because we had Martin-devey-pears. Again, addtion by subtraction. Just deleting those 3 as starters, and we are 60% better. Now Staley/ Zane/ Kilgore(OC draftee)/ tiller/ Brown/ Bell. Now that's a whole lot better, and adding Bell to the end of the OL, i.e. TE, how does that look for a student body R? Yeah, pretty good. 1000 lbs between LG , LT, TE. Then wiht Geep/Christ gone more improvement, but we added an O especiale, in Chip. Gotta add another 40% to that. Next we very likely will have either Stanley fall to us or we get an OC/OG high in draft. Make us 10-20% better. Chip is probably worth a lot more than 40%% improvement, but let's just guess at that.

Add it all up after subtracting the mess we had, and we stand to be somewhere between 200 to 250 % better. 200% translates into twice as good, and we already won 5 games last yr. (altho 2 were won on FG clangers or misses by opponents). If we were twice as good, this yr as last, then we win 10 games. Besides , we are going to add an impact starter at DT, DE, or OLB...and have a better D also. So yes I can see the OP 10 Ws. Conservatively, plus the possibility of a Kap problem, I will say 6...but recognize I won't be too surprised is that # happens to grow to 10. A lot has to do with whether the guys can get on the same page as Chip.

In the end, I will be happy with any number as long as we are in virtually all the games, and we are getting the young guys playing time, and everyone plays as a team. I give us a higher # of Ws if the Kap situation is resolved to kap's liking. Keeping him here is tough on him, tough on the team, and does not make for cohesiveness. So I hope it gets done.
If the guys play like a team, are learning all the time, and trying their best, I really don't care what the W/L is. We are playing this yr to get experience for young guys, for the nascent D, the brand new O, the redo at QB, and the re-emergence of Chip as a force amongst HC.

I'll put a floor of 6 Ws, and a lid of 10 Ws.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Apr 11, 2016 at 7:22 PM ]
I don't know about 10 wins but I do know every time the Eagles were on TV I'd watch them to see Chip's offense. Coach Walsh was called soft with his WCO his first few years. Chip thinks outside the box, and the way the rules are his offenses soar. Look at the quarterbacks he's worked with in Philly, Foles, Sanchez, Bradford, they've produced. I'm thinking a Don Coryell offense and lots of excitement.
Share 49ersWebzone