There are 262 users in the forums

10 wins

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by SFBuckeye:
Look at the Eagles turn around they had 4 wins then made the playoffs. We don't even know which guys have talent in our wrs because we had no offense and we didn't give them the ball. Rogers or smelter or one of our other guys step it up we could have a quick turn around with a consistent run games. Someone is going to thrive in Kelly's offense, I can almost guarantee it.

Eagles had the 14th toughest schedule going into 2012. the 2016 49ers have the 2nd toughest schedule.
Look at the Eagles turn around they had 4 wins then made the playoffs. We don't even know which guys have talent in our wrs because we had no offense and we didn't give them the ball. Rogers or smelter or one of our other guys step it up we could have a quick turn around with a consistent run games. Someone is going to thrive in Kelly's offense, I can almost guarantee it.

Different situations, the 2012 Eagles may have gone 4-12 and struggled on offense, but the guts of better Eagles teams with very good offenses were still there. McCoy, Vick, Peters, Jackson, Kelce, and Herremans all missed time in 2012. They also invested 2 premium picks that had the opportunity to contribute right off the bat on offense in Ertz and Lane Johnson, whereas we may end up going QB. Plus the NFCE was really weak in 2012, vs. what at least comparatively looks like a strong NFC West field this year.
[ Edited by McClusky on Apr 11, 2016 at 3:17 PM ]
10 wins? In how many seasons?
Originally posted by McClusky:

Different situations, the 2012 Eagles may have gone 4-12 and struggled on offense, but the guts of better Eagles teams with very good offenses were still there. McCoy, Vick, Peters, Jackson, Kelce, and Herremans all missed time in 2012. They also invested 2 premium picks that had the opportunity to contribute right off the bat on offense in Ertz and Lane Johnson, whereas we may end up going QB. Plus the NFCE was really weak in 2012, vs. what at least comparatively looks like a strong NFC West field this year.

And the NFL has Chip Kelly film.

Chip's Offensive efficiency has declined every year he has been in the NFL.
I think 6 wins would be optimistic

Realistically 4-5 wins
[ Edited by DonnieDarko on Apr 11, 2016 at 3:22 PM ]
With Chip Kelly, no prediction is too crazy in either direction, which is pretty exciting if you asked me.

After all, a lot of 10+ win predictions last year at this time with Tomsula weren't laughed at this much.

I'll be content with an upward trend.....essentially after what happened last offseason, the Mike Nolan foundation 49ers officially died.....only Staley is left.....this is as new a team as we'll get, esp. if Kap leaves.

You could say we are in 2005 season all over again in many ways.....let's hope for the best guys.
Only if by forfeiture

10 wins would require an offense that we haven't seen in 15 or so years (with the exception of the last 10 games of 2012). We would need a come-out-of-nowhere type performance.

Personally, I think the absolute ceiling on this years team is 7-8 games. I'm preparing myself for a 3-6 win type campaign. We are smack dab in the middle of a ground up rebuild.

But who the hell knows, nobody in April of 1999 thought the Rams were gonna be s**t. Crazy stuff happens over 16 games and that's why we watch. I just want to see an improving team that finds some answers on offense. That would make my 2016.
I hate to be that fan but.....

Originally posted by zero:

But God I hope your right.

None of you have hope. I also predict 10-11 wins next season.
Hey I'm expecting an Aplus draft and a few guys to step up. It's not out of the realm of possibility. Coaching and scheme makes a difference.i think Coolio is a Raiders fan so he don't count!
[ Edited by SFBuckeye on Apr 11, 2016 at 4:13 PM ]
Lol
I'm with you, I think it is possible to get 10. If I was betting though I wouldn't go over 8
We won't even come close to 10 moral victories

[ Edited by theninermaniac on Apr 11, 2016 at 4:30 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone