There are 219 users in the forums

How many of you want the Kap drama to just go away?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

How many of you want the Kap drama to just go away?

I've been a huge Kap supporter but I think it's in the best interest for him and the Niners to part ways. I hope the two can come to some deal before the draft and before the start of camp. I'm so over him and the media circus surrounding if he stays if he goes. Like a bad marriage, some one needs to be the bigger person and just file for the divorce.
I think it will hinder the job Chip can do, so I do
It's been an amusing ride to soothe a boring offseason, but yeah, about that time for this to end one way or the other.

This could carry on a while though. QB injuries happen, and a team could just get desperate enough to offer compensation closer to what Baalke has in mind. As long as Kaep goes along with the activities of OTAs, TC, etc.. in a respectful manner, I don't really mind that he is still here. I don't watch much media talk, so I'm sure this lessens the distraction for me.

I figure Gabbert wins the starting role, and we draft a rd 1-2 rookie anyway.

I'm sure everyone wants this mess to end soon, so I don't really see the need for this new thread about it.. but it's no major grievance, I guess.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Want it to just go away, tired of it.
Like most things that have surrounded this team post SB47, I just want it done. I just want to continue the rebuild and get on with it.

I think the part that makes the 3 years of the Harbs era sting is that, that particular team should have been a playoff type team in 2007 or so with proper coaching. So it should have had a 6 year window. The way it ended just leaves me feeling hallow and it feels short even though our top guys (pat, Justin, frank did start to age).
I wish it weren't so, but million dollar talent, two cent head, bummer, he could have been great.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
I wish it weren't so, but million dollar talent, two cent head, bummer, he could have been great.

Fools gold.
Originally posted by coowal1:
I've been a huge Kap supporter but I think it's in the best interest for him and the Niners to part ways. I hope the two can come to some deal before the draft and before the start of camp. I'm so over him and the media circus surrounding if he stays if he goes. Like a bad marriage, some one needs to be the bigger person and just file for the divorce.

Originally posted by TexasDuck:
I think it will hinder the job Chip can do, so I do

Originally posted by Niners816:
Like most things that have surrounded this team post SB47, I just want it done. I just want to continue the rebuild and get on with it.

I think the part that makes the 3 years of the Harbs era sting is that, that particular team should have been a playoff type team in 2007 or so with proper coaching. So it should have had a 6 year window. The way it ended just leaves me feeling hallow and it feels short even though our top guys (pat, Justin, frank did start to age).

4 pieces of wisdom. Just want it to go away and get on with the development and progress of the 49ers, with guys who WANT to be here.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i do . but not at the risk of us getting ripped off. i will take people like bowman at face value when he says its not a distraction...... yet. I am willing to take a bit more time to make sure we get the possible situation that we can and not just do a deal cuz we want it over with
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
4 pieces of wisdom. Just want it to go away and get on with the development and progress of the 49ers, with guys who WANT to be here.

Goff will be that guy.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:

Fools gold.

maybe a bit of buyers remorse as well

what happened?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JeromeBettis36:

what happened?

LOL, he went from Superman to Elmer Fudd.
It seems that almost every day it is a major topic in the NFL media.

Can't be good long term. Is six months considered long term? I think so. End the pain now please.

But I guess we and the media will find some other drama. Hopefully Chip can get on with his job without having to second guess his personnel.
I want it to end as badly as everyone but Baalke is doing the right thing here. Baalke drafted CK in the 2nd round and there is a legit chance we'll get a 2nd rounder back (or 3rd) which to me, is pretty comical to think about, especially given his Franchise QB contract would be wiped off the books as well. Win-win-win.

Stick to your guns Trent!
Share 49ersWebzone