LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 315 users in the forums

NFL Network: Top 10 Greatest 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Was watching NFL network yesterday, they had an hr long show dedicated to the 49ers and counted down their top 10 greatest 49ers players of all-time.

Here is their list:
1. Joe Montana
2. Jerry Rice
3. Ronnie Lott
4. Million Dollar Backfield
5. Steve Young
6. Patrick Willis
7. Roger Craig
8. Dwight Clark
9. Charles Haley
10. Frank Gore

[ Edited by 4everFaithful on Apr 5, 2016 at 10:55 PM ]
I don't like how they have Million Dollar Backfield at 4, as they should have used that slot for only one player. I also feel like Gore should be ahead of Craig.

Also, Owens should be on this list imo, but I understand why he isin't.
[ Edited by 4everFaithful on Apr 5, 2016 at 9:03 PM ]
Steve Young should be #4.
Any list without Lawrence Phillips is automatically null and void.
I love Dwight Clark and appreciate what he was in the early dynasty/WCO days, but I don't think he belongs on the list. Bob st. Clair and Bryant young deserve consideration. I go Joe, Jerry, Ronnie and Steve 1 thru 4.
Ummm Terrell Owens??
IMO, rankings like this are subject to recency bias, and favor players who were part of Championship teams.
Is there really an objective way to determine whether:
Patrick Willis belongs on this list over Dave Wilcox? or Charles Haley over Leo Nomellini.....where does John Brodie rank?
Originally posted by sdaddy101269:
Ummm Terrell Owens??

Originally posted by Niners816:
I love Dwight Clark and appreciate what he was in the early dynasty/WCO days, but I don't think he belongs on the list. Bob st. Clair and Bryant young deserve consideration. I go Joe, Jerry, Ronnie and Steve 1 thru 4.

I agree
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Steve Young should be #4.

Ya forsure, and shouldnt rice be ahead of montana?

Terrible list. TO should be on there and Young should be higher.
Originally posted by 4everFaithful:
Ya forsure, and shouldnt rice be ahead of montana?

I think so too but I can't really complain with Montana.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners816:
I believe Clark gets a lot of nostalgia points for the catch, as far as on field play I wouldn't even rate him as high as John Taylor. On the other hand T.O. always gets points subtracted for being a locker room cancer, but on the field he is the second best WR to Rice in the 45 years I have been following the 49ers. The first 1000-1000 guy will always be my pick for best 49er running back.
Replace gore with TO, I'm good
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Replace gore with TO, I'm good

I would probably replace Craig with T.O.

Gore > Craig
Share 49ersWebzone