LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 219 users in the forums

Favorite Non Playoff 49ers Team of the 2000s

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Favorite Non Playoff 49ers Team of the 2000s

Yes, I know, we love winning teams, we only raise Super Bowl banners, boo Jed, yay Harbaugh, etc etc no1curr. But you gotta admit, there have been some fun seasons where our team wasn't in the playoffs.

My favorite by far was 2006. It was Alex and Frank's second year, and we were in the playoff picture until Week 16. We swept the defending NFC Champion Seahawks that year, and Gore ran the eff over them both games. The season ended with us playing spoiler at Denver, beating a Broncos team that just had to win against us to make the playoffs. We entered the offseason with optimism of a playoff season to follow... and it did... 5 seasons later
2008-2010 i liked..we had the players, just needed a coach
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

The first 5 games of 2010 were brutal though (except we almost beat the Saints at home... foreshadowing to the next season )
Originally posted by TheRambler:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

The first 5 games of 2010 were brutal though (except we almost beat the Saints at home... foreshadowing to the next season )
i didn't like the results , but i saw the potential
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
s**tty York era of football.
lol

This is the type of thread you find on Lions' forums.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
lol

thats what the "faithful" is accepting now days.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
lol

thats what the "faithful" is accepting now days.

Yup.

I faithfully bend over and let York put hopes and dreams up my cooter.
2000 - still had Jerry, TO and an up and coming Garcia. Also had Bill running the ship trying to put us back together and ran a WCO. It was a tough start 2-8, but finished 4-2 and paved the way 2001.
2000 has to be my favorite for the reasons 816 mentioned. Garcia came into his own. We lost a few games (Packers, Raiders, Saints & Rams at home) that we could have won

Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:
2000 has to be my favorite for the reasons 816 mentioned. Garcia came into his own. We lost a few games (Packers, Raiders, Saints & Rams at home) that we could have won

That Saints game was my first ever Niners game
2006. My first hopeful year as a fan. Been a fan since i was 9 or 10 but only being 22 my first year watching was 2003 or 04. I remember ratay and peterson. But that win in Seattle that year was my favorite regular season game to that point. Alex started showing promise, shaking the defender and hitting Gore. Along with that naked boot leg, Gore in his prime. Final game at candlestick is now.
Thay 2000 team should've been 8 and 8. But that's my favorite team that you listed. However my favorite all time team is either the 1997 or 2001 niners.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
the 2005 team cuz it was my first niner team as a member of the zone we were all one big odd happy little family back then as english,. sus and luv were just babies back then
Vintage 06 gore hands down. Also Walt Harris going from decent journeyman corner to a lock down corner out of nowhere.
Share 49ersWebzone