LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 269 users in the forums

2016 Offense

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • MikeD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Blindfury:
Originally posted by MikeD:
That would be great if we pick up Harvin. If Hyde can stay healthy too, then I think the offense will improve

Harvin would get injured on the way over to sign his contract.

Chip's offense is really good, but only if it has a few important pieces. Like most all offenses you have to be able to control the line of scrimmage to be successful. The biggest downfall last year in Philly was Chip's inability to replace Herremans and Mathis on the O-line. To me, that should be no lower than 2 on the priority list. In round two, the 49ers almost HAVE to select Whitehair or Garnett.

The other thing the offense needs is a QB who is mobile enough to keep the defense honest. Last year with Bradford, and even the year before with Foles, Chip didn't have a QB who could make the defense pay for crashing. I tell the kids I coach that I like to call it the "Gad Damnit" effect. You want that lineman who crashed and then sees the QB run around him for a nice gain to say that as it's happening. The quick decision making is important also, but not as much as it's being made out to be. Since the 49ers will get on the ball right away, Kelly will have a lot of time in the QB's ear before the mic gets turned off, allowing him to point out where to best go with the football, or what to look for (that's why there is not a lot of audibles)
I'm hoping Ellington and Patton can be used in the running game, when Chip spreads things out, those 2 could be dangerous weapons, used in motion using Jet sweeps utilizing their speed and elusiveness ...our running game wont be so one dimensional this year
Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:
Originally posted by Sims19849ers:
Originally posted by TexasDuck:
I'm interested to see what happens to Bruce Miller. Chip doesn't use the FB in his system and I doubt he starts now.

He kept referring to him as a football player, so my thought was that if he agreed or whatever that they move him to defense

Played defense in college so certainly not out of the question

at his age now? doubt it.

Doubt we just cut him. Has very good STs value at the very least
I'm interested to see what happens to Bruce Miller. Chip doesn't use the FB in his system and I doubt he starts now.

He kept referring to him as a football player, so my thought was that if he agreed or whatever that they move him to defense

we'll need Bruce for short yardage situations , plus he has decent hands, Chip could use him as an H-Back in certain packages , plus send him in motion, and put him in position to help block the opposing teams best pass rusher ...in addition to his ST skills
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
I'm hoping Ellington and Patton can be used in the running game, when Chip spreads things out, those 2 could be dangerous weapons, used in motion using Jet sweeps utilizing their speed and elusiveness ...our running game wont be so one dimensional this year

Same here. Both guys are dangerous with the ball in the their hands, we just had an issue getting the ball in their hands because we lacked creativity. I'm expecting both WRs to have a solid year this season. Sadly, we have 6 WRs that we still need to figure out what they are all about; Patton, Ellington, Smelter, White, Anderson and now Rogers. As long as Patton and Ellington has been in the league, there is no excuse for not knowing what they are capable of Looking forward to seeing how they develop with an offensive-minded HC now
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:

Same here. Both guys are dangerous with the ball in the their hands, we just had an issue getting the ball in their hands because we lacked creativity. I'm expecting both WRs to have a solid year this season. Sadly, we have 6 WRs that we still need to figure out what they are all about; Patton, Ellington, Smelter, White, Anderson and now Rogers. As long as Patton and Ellington has been in the league, there is no excuse for not knowing what they are capable of Looking forward to seeing how they develop with an offensive-minded HC now

So with the new rule change of no chop blocks how will that effect chips ZBS?
No thanks to Harvin.
We have had great teams on paper that sucked during the season. Lets hope this offense that looks like a 32nd ranked offense on paper can be coached up to finally score some points in the red zone.

This offense is a defensive coordnators dream. Stack the box, rush the quarterback and force the quarterback to beat you with his arm. We will be crucified.....

Looking at this offense I think the Only 4 things you could do with pick 7 is
1. Draft Goff at QB
2. Draft Ezekiel Elliot at RB. He would take the pressure off of the qb and could be the safe pick for whatever qb we have.
3. Treadwell at WR- get a WR to complement Torrey Smith- I shudder because niners suck at drafting WR's
4. Go with Bet OT in round 1 and Best Guard/Center in round 2. Would solidify OL that would help any qb.

He'll ask to be cut or traded. He's too good of a FB to just play ST olnly.
No, i don't think so. I think chip is smart enough to know we have precious little good talent and miller is one of those few. chip will find a way to use him, altho don't ask me how. Chip has so many out fo the box tricks taht i wouldn't dare guess. But i bet he does use miller and to good advantage. i just don't know how. Stay tuned and we'll all find out together.
Can you guys believe it? Our offense hasn't even clicked yet AND we have played 2 of the league's top defenses.

Game 1: 28 points: 4 TDs
Game 2: 27 points: 3 TD, 2 FG

Is that like our entire TD total all of last season? And this is all with crapola WR's, QB that hasn't settled in yet, and very little chemistry.
Gab on his TD throwing streak, he will keep on extending that streak, unless kap takes over.
Originally posted by Team49ers:
Gab on his TD throwing streak, he will keep on extending that streak, unless kap takes over.

That pretty much displays his ceiling. His ceiling is very high and he can display it at least once a game. Now it's time to get him settle down. Only been 2 games of his entire career with good blocking. Like a kid who's gotten beaten up...very quick to flinch.
[ Edited by Joecool on Sep 22, 2016 at 11:04 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone