There are 150 users in the forums

Logistics of Trading Kaepernick...?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
What I don't get is why everyone is so worried about April 1st. If Brock Osweiller and Sam Bradford are getting 18 mil/year deals, I don't understand who would be scared off by Kaepernick's contract. You get him for 11 mil this year and that includes and option to keep him if he returns to the 2012 form, if not you cut him with no future cap hit.

If he does restructure and you save 3 Mil or so, you also will probably lose the option for next year. If he does return to 2012 form then you are franchising him next year anyway and you end up losing more than the 3 mil you saved. In my mind the 3 million is like an insurance policy. If you don't think there is a possibility that you might want him for longer than one season you probably shouldn't be trading for him in the first place.
Seems to be an undercurrent of name calling brewing here and tension with some of these posts. I guess this issue really rankles some folk. What I am perceiving is that the 49ers know they're locked in for an 4/1 payout to Kap for $11.9M due to Kap's injury recovery date. They're open to moving Kap at the right price especially after his agents are on record as asking that he be moved.

Moving Kap prior to 4/1 saves the team the dough. Any team that really wants Kap likely has to both meet our price and Kap's price. If that doesn't happen, Kap gets paid by the first and the 49ers then will be looking to get return on their $11.9M investment. Whether by allowing Kap to compete for this job under a coach that has verbally and eagerly advocated for having Kap on the team or by netting picks or players in a trade of significant value.

We can argue all day about what Kap may be worth but we have to remove emotion and ask ourselves if we would just throw away a player for pennies in low rd picks and deny Chip his shot at Kap after we're on the hook for $11.9M? I know that there is baggage with Kap on this team but is that a reason to waste money? Wouldn't we then stick it to any team that has called our bluff only to discover we were serious about keeping what we're paying for? If I am TB I let teams know what I want for Kap and that I have a HC that would like to keep him and that they have an 4/1 deadline to deal for Kap essentially. If he isn't traded by that date any team wanting him will then have an uphill battle. This is business folks. This ain't personal
Broncos is really a*****e and cheap for bs offering. Fired all st Broncos
Originally posted by BuZzB05:

yeah agreed. Sucks right now.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
NFL radio said this morning the Broncos only have about $6.5m to work with right now. That's not going to land Kap.
Originally posted by TheXFactor:

yeah agreed. Sucks right now.

Yep. I hate Denver Broncos cuz they aret f**k worst for deal!!!!
Originally posted by SoCold:
NFL radio said this morning the Broncos only have about $6.5m to work with right now. That's not going to land Kap.

Don't they still need to trade away Clady? That would free up some space, right?
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MeddlingKids:
Originally posted by SoCold:

Don't they still need to trade away Clady? That would free up some space, right?

You trade/cut Clady and you restructure Talib and you now have about $20m in cap room. Also, you could restructure Sanchez's contract and you'd add an extra $2M. Enough for Kap and the 2016 draft class.
Kap ain't going anywhere
We must not trade to Broncos cuz they are very worst for deal. We will not trade to denver broncos anymore. Broncos will big steal for good vaules.

Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Seems to be an undercurrent of name calling brewing here and tension with some of these posts. I guess this issue really rankles some folk. What I am perceiving is that the 49ers know they're locked in for an 4/1 payout to Kap for $11.9M due to Kap's injury recovery date. They're open to moving Kap at the right price especially after his agents are on record as asking that he be moved.

Moving Kap prior to 4/1 saves the team the dough. Any team that really wants Kap likely has to both meet our price and Kap's price. If that doesn't happen, Kap gets paid by the first and the 49ers then will be looking to get return on their $11.9M investment. Whether by allowing Kap to compete for this job under a coach that has verbally and eagerly advocated for having Kap on the team or by netting picks or players in a trade of significant value.

We can argue all day about what Kap may be worth but we have to remove emotion and ask ourselves if we would just throw away a player for pennies in low rd picks and deny Chip his shot at Kap after we're on the hook for $11.9M? I know that there is baggage with Kap on this team but is that a reason to waste money? Wouldn't we then stick it to any team that has called our bluff only to discover we were serious about keeping what we're paying for? If I am TB I let teams know what I want for Kap and that I have a HC that would like to keep him and that they have an 4/1 deadline to deal for Kap essentially. If he isn't traded by that date any team wanting him will then have an uphill battle. This is business folks. This ain't personal

Funny how posts can be viewed by some as being supportive of a particular player and others as not supporting him at all and ignoring his "potential". Lots of emotion. I get testy at times with the far out posters on both sides. Those that absolutely want him gone and those that support him just as blindly as the haters attack him.

But business is business. Emotional decisions are just that. He is worth a shot with us at his current salary. I would also support trading him if we get a realistic return for him. At this point the headlines are irrelevant. None of these GM's are going to tip their hands and lose any leverage nor are they going to say anything that traps them. "We never negotiated a contract" can be considered strictly true for example if they never signed anything, even if they had talks about it.
We must not trade to Broncos cuz they are very worst for deal. We will not trade to denver broncos anymore. Broncos will big steal for good vaules.

We must trade the BuzzB05 to Fan of Denver forum cuz where Kap go buzzb05 go well too!
Originally posted by dickonmyforehead:
Trade him for a cheerleader!

Cowboy cheerleader?
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
We must trade the BuzzB05 to Fan of Denver forum cuz where Kap go buzzb05 go well too!

HAHAHHAHAHA
I don't think they should take less than Denver's second. Denver's just looking for a good deal - can't fault them for that. But they're also looking for a starter and if Kaepernick is actually their starter, he's worth more than a 3rd or 4th, no matter what people around here think about his potential or lack there of. The Niners don't need to trade him. They don't need to cut him. All this worry about 'locker room cancer' or bad vibes or whatever is just needless panic IMO. Again, these a professional football players at the highest possible level of excellence. Nobody's going to give less than there maximum because they think one of their team mates is a dick.
Share 49ersWebzone