LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 207 users in the forums

Logistics of Trading Kaepernick...?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Logistics? I'm pretty sure he'll take a plane to Denver.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

He is already in Denver massaging Elway...
Originally posted by RidetheHyde:
Originally posted by Blindfury:
Originally posted by Butter:
If I'm Baalke, my best offer to Elway would be to restructure Kaep's deal, converting $7 million to bonus, in return, the Niners get a 2017 2nd. Non-conditional, straight 2nd.

Oh, and that deal is done after the Niners are on the clock and Goff or Dents is available.

If I'm Elway I tell Baalke to go jump in a lake. 9ers have no leverage IMO. I can only imagine how these negotiations go.

Baalke: "Sorry, I want a top pick for Kaep because that's the value of a QB who had 3 injuries that we decided to bench, leaked stories about and gave 0 support to."

It's like selling a house in terrible condition that you allowed to rot away for years then commanding top dollar for it because it's oh so valuable to you. You don't have any leverage.

I get not wanting to give him away but you tossed the guy like a used tissue, and then wanna play hardball? Teams must be . Broncos are right up to the cap, I don't know what leverage baalke thinks he has.

No leverage??? Wow. How about the fact the Broncos have a stacked roster (for now) with a gaping hole at the most important position. If they want to take their chances with sanchez I'll laugh and let them. We can easily store kap on the roster and wait for a qb to go down or someone to get desperate. They have zero leverage

Ditto this.
Originally posted by mojave45:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

He is already in Denver massaging Elway...

I hope there is scrapage going on.
Originally posted by Blindfury:
Absolutely. It's not like the team just had a bad year. The team bascially cut Kaep off at the legs then stood silent as he took the heat for the team's destruction. All those rumours flying around, then they ban him from the sidelines? Either they're really, really dumb or they planned on killing Kaep's credibility among the fans to give themselves a scapegoat for the failures this season.

Never seen an organization leak stories about their "franchise player" like that. And if they weren't leaked, the team being mum and not doing anything to address these "stories" just put more heat on their player and allowed fans to draw their own conclusions.

There's just a lot of shady business from the team and I don't blame Kaep for feeling how he did. That does not change the fact that his representation is terrible. If I were him, I'd change representation, find an image consultant, play my arse off and force the team to redo my deal or get traded to another team.

Fact of the matter is, no matter what has happened, he needs to play well no matter where he ends up. Regardless of his play, the team did him so, so dirty.

Really, Fury, really? I actually had some hope for you , but think it is fading.
Share 49ersWebzone