LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 216 users in the forums

Zane Beadles

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ayleswbj11:
Very good pick up, he's no worse than Boone. Zane has been a very good player in his career. If anything his contract says he has every chance to compete with our other young guys, but is garunteed nothing

boone was garbage with us and a malcontent. they say he is a good guy, he fills an area of need . and of course people b***h. jesus
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MeddlingKids:
Originally posted by PowderdToastMn:
Zane could be blocking for Blaine and Hayne. This could be fun

Hayne will be cut during TC.
we can only hope so
Originally posted by reasonable1:
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
just more of the same with these below avg linemen. His ass better be pushed for a roster spot by a draft pick or two.

I just don't understand how Jed York signs off on these transactions.

The guy got a supremely modest deal. Were you expecting a probowler or allpro for 3.8 mill a season?

Youre missing the point. The problem is not the price tag. The issue i have is surely better linemen are available.

Geoff Shwartz, Louis Vasques, Ryan Wendell. Id rather open up the checkbook even-- if there was more proven talent our there. And it looks like there was, but we sign these marginal players in the oline like theyre just plug n play
Finally
Better than Devey
  • thl408
CLE coaches and JAC players. Good way to build a team. Never heard of him. Hope he's good.
Have no idea who he is right now or how good. But Holy s**t championship! Its an Oline help!!!!

Originally posted by jordanroberts88:
PFF rated him at 64 out of 81 guards

Lulz.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Youre missing the point. The problem is not the price tag. The issue i have is surely better linemen are available.

Geoff Shwartz, Louis Vasques, Ryan Wendell. Id rather open up the checkbook even-- if there was more proven talent our there. And it looks like there was, but we sign these marginal players in the oline like theyre just plug n play

its about the right guys and not the so called best guys. the coaches and trent think he is the right kind of guy. unlike boone, i will assume this guy does not mind hard work and is a good locker room dude. some of you act like the season starts tomorrow. the niners always have waited in free agency or 99 per cent of the time they do.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by thl408:
CLE coaches and JAC players. Good way to build a team. Never heard of him. Hope he's good.

They do say never hearing an OL name is a good thing. lol

Baalke straight killing free agency.

I like Schwartz too. We may still take a look at him, he has ties to both Kelly and Flaherty. But he has serious injury issues. Missed the better part of the last 2 years, might even have nerve damage in his foot.

Vazquez got cut loose from Denver in part because he didn't fit the ZBS. Struggled to move in the run game. Not sure he would fit here.

Don't really know much about Wendell other than he was a Patriot.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Mar 17, 2016 at 7:05 AM ]
In 6 years hes started all but 2 games
Originally posted by jordanroberts88:
PFF rated him at 64 out of 81 guards

Better than Boone, a veteran with a cheap deal and a nice fit for Chip's ZBS
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thl408:

never heard of skuta. never heard of cox. blaine took advantage of a second chance when he left jacksonville, they say this guy was really good with denver so who is to say he can not fill boones shoes. once they put on a niner uniform, what they did before means nothing to me. it helps fill an area of need
Share 49ersWebzone