There are 277 users in the forums

Can we win with our current team & good coaching?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Can we win with our current team & good coaching?

Originally posted by eamjr10:
Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Good post, this nails our current status and expectations.

Thanks...just join me anytime in the Baalke thread.

Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Good points!

There are lots of "If's" which usually means Plan B.

IMO, if we can fix the Oline, Gabbert will live to pass another day. If he goes down we can flush the season down the toilet. Getting the Oline set will cure a lot of ills in the running and passing attacks.

IMO, this is a make or break season for Martin & Thomas - we can't wait any more for them to play as envisioned by Trent. This is their last chance.

I have zero faith in AD and we haven't done crap in FA. So that leaves the draft, possible trades and getting lucky in picking up a good player or two who have been released for cap or other reasons.

We have so many needs but the weakest link is the OLine.

I feel we have a talented and improving secondary who'd look a lot better if the D could pressure QB's more like when Justin was here.

Perfectly stated, my man!
Originally posted by OldJoe:
In the NFL good coaching and mediocre talent will lose to mediocre coaching and good talent.

The difference between coaches is not near as vast as the difference between players.

I think it's opposite! See 2010 vs. 2011
As it stands right now, I think our offensive line is probably the worst in the league, and moron Baalke "balked" at signing all the best available free agent linemen. We only have two NFL starting quality linemen right now, unless Anthony Davis end up coming back, so we need to find three more, and you can't expect rookies in the lower rounds to step in right away and be great, especially the way Baalke has missed on drafting O-Lineman the past couple years. Therefore, with a horrible offensive line, you can't expect much QB improvement, so I think we are screwed for this year, unless Baalke pulls off a trade or two for veteran offensive linemen.
  • zero
  • Veteran
We'll be soo much better this year that I'll be scouting college QB's in December rather then October. So that might equate to a what, two game improvement? Anything less then double digit losses at this point would astound me, and in 2017 it will only get more embarrassing when Baalke has $70-$80 million dollars to spend and he sits on it because either can't or won't spend it. Death Spirals suck.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
If you consider winning 9-7 or better the answer is 100% no.
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
This offensive line is terrible as of right now.unless some upgrades are made I can't see us winning more than 7 games(and that's being really optimistic).
Originally posted by CityKing415:
Can't win without an O-line.

This. Pretty easy to see if you just remove your feelings and homerism.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by CityKing415:
Can't win without an O-line.

This. Pretty easy to see if you just remove your feelings and homerism.

This is VERY true!
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
7-9
Share 49ersWebzone