There are 140 users in the forums

Can we win with our current team & good coaching?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Can we win with our current team & good coaching?

Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
Win what? one game? the Super Bowl?

this...
Originally posted by 9moon:
We saw what our team was capable of doing vs the Vikings... if they can just bring that SWAG & BELIEF, I don't see why not...

And then there was film after that win.
Originally posted by Sims19849ers:
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
We were the 2nd worst team in the league last year and may have gotten worse. I'm not going to blame the coaches if we win 4 games next year - the team just sucks right now. Things may get a little better towards the end of free agency and after the draft, but this is not going to be a winning team next year.

We weren't the 2nd worst team in the league last year and we already got better by bringing in coaches that have somewhat of a clue of they're doing. We also will be adding top talent in the draft, at least 3 Top 70 prospects in a very deep class.

2nd worst by a huge margin in +/- (Browns were -154, 49ers were -149, Titans were -124). We won 2 games on missed field goals or we would have been tied for the worst record in the league. We had the worst offense in the league. The Browns and the 49ers will be the favorites for the #1 and #2 picks in the draft next year.
Of course we can win

We'll win 6 games easy with Gabort leading
Originally posted by Sims19849ers:
We were the 2nd worst team in the league last year and may have gotten worse. I'm not going to blame the coaches if we win 4 games next year - the team just sucks right now. Things may get a little better towards the end of free agency and after the draft, but this is not going to be a winning team next year.

We weren't the 2nd worst team in the league last year and we already got better by bringing in coaches that have somewhat of a clue of they're doing. We also will be adding top talent in the draft, at least 3 Top 70 prospects in a very deep class.

2nd worst by a huge margin in +/- (Browns were -154, 49ers were -149, Titans were -124). We won 2 games on missed field goals or we would have been tied for the worst record in the league. We had the worst offense in the league. The Browns and the 49ers will be the favorites for the #1 and #2 picks in the draft next year.

And we lost to the Browns

Niners and Browns ARE the favorites for top 2 picks in Vegas
I look at it like this, we won 5 games last year with one of the worst staffs ever assembled. Both sides of the ball were atrocious.

Looks like we will have just about the same team as last year plus some draft picks AND a better offensive minded coach. Defense will suffer but the offense will be better. We'll get at least 6 wins in year 1 of a rebuild considering we got 5 last year. If the FO is committed to the rebuild then doing it by the draft is the right way. It may suck for us as fans but its the right way to build a team.

I do think the FO got a dose of reality in that the top free agents didn't want to come here and buy into Chip Kelly. Thats ok if he can get some solid players in the draft and start to win. Winning changes everyone's outlook. If New England wasn't a winner do you think players would want to play for Belichick?
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by 9moon:
We saw what our team was capable of doing vs the Vikings... if they can just bring that SWAG & BELIEF, I don't see why not...

And then there was film after that win.

what happened after the 1st game was typical, "we weren't supposed to be this good anyhow" type of attitude..

We all felt the electricity that first game, each players came out with a cause.. most wanted to win, some wanted to win for their new coach, some wanted to show Harbaugh that they made him look good instead of the other way around, and others played that game to prove something..

Bil Walsh could not have been any prouder by that performance.. but after that game, everyone just went to "that" mode..

"THAT" mode.. I'm talking about, accepting the excuse that the team is not supposed to be good.. the excuse of having a coach w/no experience.. the excuse of Harbaugh leaving, and how the management disappointed everyone..

the excuse of players retiring and walking away.. those are the issues that each players used as an excuse..
Originally posted by miked1978:
I look at it like this, we won 5 games last year with one of the worst staffs ever assembled. Both sides of the ball were atrocious.

Looks like we will have just about the same team as last year plus some draft picks AND a better offensive minded coach. Defense will suffer but the offense will be better. We'll get at least 6 wins in year 1 of a rebuild considering we got 5 last year. If the FO is committed to the rebuild then doing it by the draft is the right way. It may suck for us as fans but its the right way to build a team.

I do think the FO got a dose of reality in that the top free agents didn't want to come here and buy into Chip Kelly. Thats ok if he can get some solid players in the draft and start to win. Winning changes everyone's outlook. If New England wasn't a winner do you think players would want to play for Belichick?

Losing the best WR and 2nd best OL on the team will not help the offense.
With Harbaugh

Shoot, can you imagine him during this rebuild...he...literally would have ACTUALLY had a heart attack!
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Losing the best WR and 2nd best OL on the team will not help the offense.

Uptempo offense + a OL help in draft will. Plus we are getting Anthony Davis back. He isn't going to be worse than Pears was.

Originally posted by NCommand:
With Harbaugh

Shoot, can you imagine him during this rebuild...he...literally would have ACTUALLY had a heart attack!

What rebuild?
Let me know when it has started.
With Harbaugh

or some bad diarrhea
With Harbaugh

What rebuild?

ya tbh were on decline were not rebuilding
6ish games sure
With Harbaugh

What rebuild?

Oh it's started alright...whether we can admit it or not.

With no FA pick ups, it looks like we're going at it again this year...adding some 12-20 more rookies to the youngest team in the NFL. Joy.

So, now, Chip and his staff is going to have one hell of a challenge!
Share 49ersWebzone