There are 199 users in the forums

Can we win with our current team & good coaching?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Can we win with our current team & good coaching?

• Chico
  • Veteran
It looks like Trent & Chip are content with our current roster by not going after any free agents. We could have a free agent by tossing a few more $$$ at them but were holding off. Maybe Trents waiting for some bargain deals once FA slows down?
What do you guys think?
Can't win without an O-line.
We will sign a few free agents in the next few weeks and after June 1st cuts. We will end up drafting about 9-10 players I think and as long as we get about 7-9 key contributors total, we will be okay. We aren't winning the SB if that is what you are asking but we are essentially in year 1 of the rebuild since last year was lost.

I think they are doing it right in building through the draft year 1, adding some good bargains in free agency (hasn't happened yet but it will), letting the draft picks actually play and develop and then looking to make a major stride in year 2. We will see what happens.
Yes. We can win, about 6 games. Apparently that's enough for ol Trent and Jed.
Maybe a couple of games, in overtime. Like 2004.
Win what? one game? the Super Bowl?
We were the 2nd worst team in the league last year and may have gotten worse. I'm not going to blame the coaches if we win 4 games next year - the team just sucks right now. Things may get a little better towards the end of free agency and after the draft, but this is not going to be a winning team next year.
10-6
In the NFL good coaching and mediocre talent will lose to mediocre coaching and good talent.

The difference between coaches is not near as vast as the difference between players.
Initially I'd say no. We have a entirely new coach, new assistant coaches and brand new playbooks. Even with a stacked roster, it will take time for players to adjust. Throw in the fact that there are still so many holes on this squad and it's going to be an uphill battle.

Most of our players are young. We haven't learned how to win yet plus we lack veteran leadership in the locker room.

We have a lot to overcome...

With Harbaugh
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
We saw what our team was capable of doing vs the Vikings... if they can just bring that SWAG & BELIEF, I don't see why not...
Baalke will literally have to hit a homerun in the draft. Need at least 4 contributing rookies and we need our young O-lineman to step the F up
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
We were the 2nd worst team in the league last year and may have gotten worse. I'm not going to blame the coaches if we win 4 games next year - the team just sucks right now. Things may get a little better towards the end of free agency and after the draft, but this is not going to be a winning team next year.

We weren't the 2nd worst team in the league last year and we already got better by bringing in coaches that have somewhat of a clue of they're doing. We also will be adding top talent in the draft, at least 3 Top 70 prospects in a very deep class.
Originally posted by OldJoe:
In the NFL good coaching and mediocre talent will lose to mediocre coaching and good talent.

The difference between coaches is not near as vast as the difference between players.

In no world do the 49ers have mediocre talent right now. It may take some time for players to learn/adjust to Kelly's scheme so I wouldn't count on the team overachieving significantly in year 1.
Share 49ersWebzone