LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 280 users in the forums

What is the Plan?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by NCommand:
The plan is for free agents to avoid us because Chip's too busy cockblocking Baalke. Lol

Why Sean Smith didn't sign with us.

Did number of snaps defenders have to play on Chip Kelly coached teams factor in at all?

"That definitely crossed my mind. No defender wants to be out there forever."

Ouch, this of course was a concern when he was hired.

That narrative is overblown IMO. Last year the Eagles defense played about 7 snaps more per game than league average. Somewhat significant, but not a big deal, especially with a d-line rotation. Kelly's teams were also among the most healthiest in the league the past 3 seasons.

I don't remember people crying foul when the Colts and Patriots were running up-tempo and putting their defenses on the field more. If the offense is rolling and you're putting up points, it's worth it.
It's cute that people think there's a plan.
Originally posted by 951NINER:
The plan is we go out and we hit people in the mouth! Oh wait..

Physical, with an F
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Based on feedback from both Baalke and Kelly, they're being picky about what FA's they sign. Beadles is an example...his career started out in Denver where he excelled in the ZBS they ran. He didn't have the same success w/Jags, but now he's back in a system he's comfortable and productive in. There have been higher rated OG's in FA, but the teams who signed them spent huge. He fits what Kelly and Baalke want to do. They're not done...there'll be more signings, but as a result of a methodical process. I know it irritates a number of fans, but so long as at the end, they've filled some holes and are honing their draft board accordingly, I'm in. As far as a plan goes, I'm sure Baalke and Kelly have talked about what they want/need to do and despite it being a slow process so far, will hopefully come together in a way that improves the roster and allows them to fine-tune their draft board so they can kill it. One last thing...having cap space is a great thing once teams start lopping off players...I think that's part of what K&B want to do....find a few mini-gems that can fill some specific roles.

Corva, you need to change your password because JedBaalke hacked your account.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by NCommand:
The plan is for free agents to avoid us because Chip's too busy cockblocking Baalke. Lol

Why Sean Smith didn't sign with us.

Did number of snaps defenders have to play on Chip Kelly coached teams factor in at all?

"That definitely crossed my mind. No defender wants to be out there forever."

Ouch, this of course was a concern when he was hired.

That narrative is overblown IMO. Last year the Eagles defense played about 7 snaps more per game than league average. Somewhat significant, but not a big deal, especially with a d-line rotation. Kelly's teams were also among the most healthiest in the league the past 3 seasons.

I don't remember people crying foul when the Colts and Patriots were running up-tempo and putting their defenses on the field more. If the offense is rolling and you're putting up points, it's worth it.

True but the point is that, accurate or not, that myth is out there and it's in free agent defensive minds. This is why Tom/Chip/Trent need to get these free agents in the door and educate them and then make sure they don't leave without signing a contract.
[ Edited by NCommand on Mar 19, 2016 at 6:48 PM ]
Amen to that, NC.

And Corva, we can only pray that you are right. For certain it is slow, methodical....and frustrating. For me, the end result is the proof of the pudding. If they Zane Beadles us with more OL starters, DL starters, OLB passrusher, CB starters....well, then i will say i was too anxious, too excited, and obviously, not very patient. I sure hope i get to eat those words.
Share 49ersWebzone