LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 238 users in the forums

Rate our FA Performance so far

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Rate our FA Performance so far

It's a C from me. I'm holding out hope that some of the late cap causalities around the NFL will become Niners.
Originally posted by D_Niner:
It's a C from me. I'm holding out hope that some of the late cap causalities around the NFL will become Niners.

C as in average?

how so?
Originally posted by harryj:

C as in average?

how so?

FA isn't over. there will be cap cuts later on and we should be well positioned to take advantage.
Originally posted by harryj:

C as in average?

how so?

FA isn't over. there will be cap cuts later on and we should be well positioned to take advantage.

The early stages of FA people overspend for a big splash. Towards the end of FA cut vets sign for reasonable cash. As of now we have been saving $$. I'm holding out hope that this saving of dollars is to spend after the draft to fill holes. So for me it's a C because we are positioning for the next phase of FA.
120/100.

A+ with extra credit.

#1.

Super Bowl.
The early stages of FA people overspend for a big splash. Towards the end of FA cut vets sign for reasonable cash. As of now we have been saving $$. I'm holding out hope that this saving of dollars is to spend after the draft to fill holes. So for me it's a C because we are positioning for the next phase of FA.

oh i get it so its more of an I than a C

hopefully i never wanted the star high priced guys in FA i just wanted more talent and supporting players who would start and then build through draft
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/patriots-ace-free-agency-again-with-bill-belichick-blueprint/ar-BBrkoUT

Gushing over Pats FA. Didn't over spend.

Thoughts?
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/patriots-ace-free-agency-again-with-bill-belichick-blueprint/ar-BBrkoUT

Gushing over Pats FA. Didn't over spend.

Thoughts?

They did great. Got a lineman and a 2nd round pick, Martellus Bennett, Chris Long, two average receivers (Hogan and Washington), terrance knighton, and Shea McClellin. They killed it. Got a lot of good value guys.

They didn't lose anyone who had a meaningful impact on the team other than Chandler Jones who they replaced with Long and they will probably draft another pass rusher within the first two rounds.

After the draft, they will be significantly better than they were last season
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
They did great. Got a lineman and a 2nd round pick, Martellus Bennett, Chris Long, two average receivers (Hogan and Washington), terrance knighton, and Shea McClellin. They killed it. Got a lot of good value guys.

They didn't lose anyone who had a meaningful impact on the team other than Chandler Jones who they replaced with Long and they will probably draft another pass rusher within the first two rounds.

After the draft, they will be significantly better than they were last season

Long won't be able to singlehandedly replace CJ's pass rush productivity and they have no 1st round pick. That is the toughest thing they will have to replace this year, but they will look to add a pass rusher early.
I think it's ridiculous for anyone to expect the 49ers to have blown their cap space load this off-season. It's putting the cart before the horse.

The 49ers build through the draft, which means if we miss in the draft (as is the case with 2012, 2013, ?) we are in the situation we now find ourselves in.

Baalke needs to start hitting no doubt home-runs with this draft. Once we have a solid young core, then we can look for FA pieces to add to it, and not before.

In that light I see this FA period as nothing less than a C average, far from an F and far from an A.

Blown their cap space load.

Kind of a gray area between that and signing Zane Beadles don't you think?
If we were coming off a strong season, with a stacked roster, and just waiting to cherry pick a few late cuts for depth, I'd say an A.
Since we are in a total rebuilding mode, and have massive cap room,and holes in every position group. We need to snag a few quality free agents before the draft, and use some of our many picks to trade and move up and target key rookies to fill the remainder of the holes., so I got to give it an F
Share 49ersWebzone