LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 338 users in the forums

Rate our FA Performance so far

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Rate our FA Performance so far

We're not the only team that's taken a flyer. Are you happy with that?
We are not overpaying guys but we could already have got an average guy by a good price. It's too early to grade yet.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
F. Teams that have a solid core of talent can afford to skip FA and build through the draft. We aren't in that position. Most of our experienced talent has left the last two seasons, we have a very very young team who could have greatly benefited by bringing in some steady and experienced talent.

I wasn't even hoping for a bunch of A-listers, but to have done NOTHING (c'mon, thad lewis doesn't count) is kind of sickening given the circumstances.
F. It's not even about signing "splash" guys. We aren't even signing solid tier 2 guys in positions that are obvious needs. Not even gaining depth. No excuse for this
[ Edited by CityKing415 on Mar 12, 2016 at 5:07 AM ]
Originally posted by CityKing415:
F. It's not even about signing "splash" guys. We aren't even signing solid tier 2 guys in positions that are obvious needs. Not even gaining depth. No excuse for this

This. Still early though and plenty of quality left out there
Can't be an F because I was happy we kept Ian. I gave it a D.
It's really hard to grade.

Keeping Ian Williams was the biggest priority. Dawson was resigned too. We extended Dial who looks to be an up and coming player.

Thad Lewis may not count as a player but he will offer experience in Kellys system and act as a coach for whoever our coach is.

We were after Sean Smith and he chose to go to Oakland. No other corners are worth that money. We were after Sweezy but he got a rediculous contract in TB. Apparently we are interested in Larsen, Dunbar, Okung and Laurinitis too.

Baalke has been trying but Im glad he hasn't shelled out contracts like the guys have been getting. Most of these guys will be cut in a few years anyways because they will be busts.

Do what we did in 2011. Extend/keep our own players. We extended McDonald and Gore in 11 and Williams and Dial this year. We got bargains in Whitner, Rogers, Goodwin and Edwards in 11 after the madness calmed down. I expect Baalke to do the same this year.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by SteveYoung:

Keeping Ian Williams was the biggest priority. Dawson was resigned too. We extended Dial who looks to be an up and coming player.

Thad Lewis may not count as a player but he will offer experience in Kellys system and act as a coach for whoever our coach is.

We were after Sean Smith and he chose to go to Oakland. No other corners are worth that money. We were after Sweezy but he got a rediculous contract in TB. Apparently we are interested in Larsen, Dunbar, Okung and Laurinitis too.

Baalke has been trying but Im glad he hasn't shelled out contracts like the guys have been getting. Most of these guys will be cut in a few years anyways because they will be busts.

Do what we did in 2011. Extend/keep our own players. We extended McDonald and Gore in 11 and Williams and Dial this year. We got bargains in Whitner, Rogers, Goodwin and Edwards in 11 after the madness calmed down. I expect Baalke to do the same this year.

We had a s**tload more talent already on the roster in 2011. People need to stop trying to make those comparisons.
Originally posted by CityKing415:

Any particular guys your thinking?
[ Edited by brodiebluebanaszak on Mar 12, 2016 at 6:41 AM ]
Originally posted by SteveYoung:

We also locked up Celek too.

Internal Signings = A (we locked up all the internal guys we wanted plus a top tier player in Ian and got a couple "systems guys")
Market = C (we lost Boone and while Tiller is better we're down a starting OL now and lost out on all the top young G's)
Image = F (Omar Ruiz was assigned to cover our moves for 2 days because it was believed we'd be active with the 2nd most cap space, public acknowledgement by both Jed and Trent, etc. All he had to report was Ray-Ray and Thad and that we lost out on every FA targeted. FO missed on a chance to prove they were serious about doing everything they could to help make us competitive and they could have done that by locking up a number of players under $10M who were all in the 24-27 range on 4/5 year contracts)
[ Edited by NCommand on Mar 12, 2016 at 6:48 AM ]

Where's the "F-" option?
At least extend Lynch with some of that money, do something productive with it.
We somehow got worse.......

I give it a and a
Originally posted by Janitor:
F. Teams that have a solid core of talent can afford to skip FA and build through the draft. We aren't in that position. Most of our experienced talent has left the last two seasons, we have a very very young team who could have greatly benefited by bringing in some steady and experienced talent.

I wasn't even hoping for a bunch of A-listers, but to have done NOTHING (c'mon, thad lewis doesn't count) is kind of sickening given the circumstances.

This. I'd be happy with one or two mid level signings.
Our big pickup was Thad Lewis...
Share 49ersWebzone