LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 227 users in the forums

team vision

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • eman
  • Veteran
I am completely confused as to what the vision of Baalke and York for this team is

last year was one of the worst years we have had talent wise as well as on-the-field-production wise.
our record was horrible, so was our offensive and defensive stats

we had retirees and so many lost free agents
this year, .. i am seeing the roster, and looks like we just downgraded..
we are losing Boone and Kap and TJE
retain: Ian williams

what in the hell is going on here??? I am not asking for top 10 free agents and spending big time, but come on, bring in real competition.. who the hell is the backup QB we signed? who the hell is the OL we are trying to get from arizona? all i am asking is can we get some familiar names... Baalke always tries to surprise people and go for the AJ Jenkins, Armsteads, Tartts... just smh
Originally posted by eman:
I am completely confused as to what the vision of Baalke and York for this team is

last year was one of the worst years we have had talent wise as well as on-the-field-production wise.
our record was horrible, so was our offensive and defensive stats

we had retirees and so many lost free agents
this year, .. i am seeing the roster, and looks like we just downgraded..
we are losing Boone and Kap and TJE
retain: Ian williams

what in the hell is going on here??? I am not asking for top 10 free agents and spending big time, but come on, bring in real competition.. who the hell is the backup QB we signed? who the hell is the OL we are trying to get from arizona? all i am asking is can we get some familiar names... Baalke always tries to surprise people and go for the AJ Jenkins, Armsteads, Tartts... just smh

I think the team could use a person to run football operations instead of having Marathe run a bit, Jed run a bit and Trent run a bit. The lack of structure may be the cause of the team lacking direction and vision. Look at what happened with Harbaugh and how the team transitioned away from him, it was a mess.
They should have fired a person to lead football ops before deciding anything this offseason.
Everything is fine.....nothing to see here.......

I'm of the belief that none of the top FA Olinemen wanted to come here.

We will probably have to overpay for mediocrity.

Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Everything is fine.....nothing to see here.......

Damn u Oakland u beat me 2 the punch

We're in a race with the Browns for the #1 pick and they're beating us right now. They lost 4 of their better players in free agency even though they have a ton of cap room.
Boooooooo!!!!!!

Remember signing Deon sanders , ken norton or Justin smith ? those days are gone . I think 49ers brass want to rebuild slowly putting together a solid base before going for the key big names . I think we're looking at 5 years to be a real playoff team versus 3 if we spent big bucks . My complaint is I'd like to sign at least a cpl big names so we can make San Fran a player friendly destination again , right now we're Tabu lol I'm not a fan of chip Kelly I wanted Adam gase and I think we will be firing him in a cpl years anyways so I think all of this is for nothing . Get ready for 10 years of crap until Jed steps out of the picture and someone builds this team from the management down correctly .
Originally posted by bleedredandgold:
Remember signing Deon sanders , ken norton or Justin smith ? those days are gone . I think 49ers brass want to rebuild slowly putting together a solid base before going for the key big names . I think we're looking at 5 years to be a real playoff team versus 3 if we spent big bucks . My complaint is I'd like to sign at least a cpl big names so we can make San Fran a player friendly destination again , right now we're Tabu lol I'm not a fan of chip Kelly I wanted Adam gase and I think we will be firing him in a cpl years anyways so I think all of this is for nothing . Get ready for 10 years of crap until Jed steps out of the picture and someone builds this team from the management down correctly .

The problem is the team can not acquire impact talent via trade, free agency or draft.

I agree though, Jed needs to hire a VP of football operations and let him run the team while Jed and co stay the bleep out.
  • nj9er
  • Veteran

Duh were gonna run the ball
Jason Cole was on KNBR this morning and implied too many voiced. Yorks, paraag, guido. Laughed when Murphy mentioned that Baalke allegedly has final say.
Share 49ersWebzone