LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 264 users in the forums

***49ERS 2016 FREE AGENCY THREAD***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Um, do we really need a corner? Brock/Acker/Reaser/Ward. I'm confused.

It's just more around the idea that we could have 6'3" 218# Sean Smith opposite 6'2" 200# Dontae Johnson starting which would allow O'Neil to have more flexibility with Ward, Tartt, Reaser, Acker, Brock, Cromartie, etc.

Seems like a nice to have not a need.

Should we talk to lefell?
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
WTF? Dudes, as FA starts, Webbie will shift the Free Agency thread to the top, annnnnnnnddddd there already is a thread on this subject.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
We're in the business of collecting talent. I don't see why getting one of the top CBs or WRs in this FA class would be an issue. We are not stout in either position group. I agree that pass rush and OL are the biggest needs. I even agree that an improved pass rush will help the secondary. But, outside of Ward, we are not particularly advantaged with our current group of CBs. Brock, Acker, Reaser, Johnson need to battle it out. We're going on year 3 of this experiment -- they've had plenty of time to show their worth. Either they cut it this offseason or they don't.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by BigBug415:
I hope we sign Alex Mack. 🙏
Kilgore = mediocre.

The 49ers won't pay big money to a center, so don't get your hopes up.

Why would you spend big $ on a 30 yr old center?? Kilgore is solid, I still have hope for the 21 yr old Martin as HORRID as he looked
Originally posted by NCommand:
Um, do we really need a corner? Brock/Acker/Reaser/Ward. I'm confused.

It's just more around the idea that we could have 6'3" 218# Sean Smith opposite 6'2" 200# Dontae Johnson starting which would allow O'Neil to have more flexibility with Ward, Tartt, Reaser, Acker, Brock, Cromartie, etc.

Seems like a nice to have not a need.

Should we talk to lefell?

No. Definitely, no.
Share 49ersWebzone