LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 209 users in the forums

Of the available QB's who do you want?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Of the available QB's who do you want?

Rattay
I'd be happy with Osweiler, but he's not leaving Denver.
Goff, Wentz and Prescott in that order.
Manning
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Goff, but he sits 1st year to develop and hit the weight room.

Originally posted by Kolohe:
In 2017 Jared Goff, in 2016 I could careless, I'm just waiting for 2017.

I can go along with this.
My aunt Irene. She could destroy defenses with a single look!
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I think Goff would be a beast in Kelly's offense. Good accuracy, quick release, fast decision-maker, yes please.

Dont feel Lynch is as good of a fit. Slower, more elongated delivery, played in one of the simplest, least NFL transferable offenses of all the draft prospects and reportedly struggled with comprehension of plays that NFL teams questioned him about. No bueno.

I think Dak Prescott would fit well in the later rounds. Athletic, well-built, has improved substantially as a passer in the SEC and has received a lot of praise for his leadership ability and QB IQ. I think he could develop into something special.

Not interested in RG3-and out. Was noted for having the lockerroom turn against him and lacking the necessary leadership skills as well as not being very durable. Meh.

I do like Kevin Hogan. Super bright, high QB IQ guy that at minimum could be a good backup QB.

Agree! Quick release, quick thinking and very good accuracy is perfect. Sort of the anti CK. Although CK's release is quick. Goff can't run so...
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
I think Goff would be a beast in Kelly's offense. Good accuracy, quick release, fast decision-maker, yes please.

Dont feel Lynch is as good of a fit. Slower, more elongated delivery, played in one of the simplest, least NFL transferable offenses of all the draft prospects and reportedly struggled with comprehension of plays that NFL teams questioned him about. No bueno.

I think Dak Prescott would fit well in the later rounds. Athletic, well-built, has improved substantially as a passer in the SEC and has received a lot of praise for his leadership ability and QB IQ. I think he could develop into something special.

Not interested in RG3-and out. Was noted for having the lockerroom turn against him and lacking the necessary leadership skills as well as not being very durable. Meh.

I do like Kevin Hogan. Super bright, high QB IQ guy that at minimum could be a good backup QB.

Agree! Quick release, quick thinking and very good accuracy is perfect. Sort of the anti CK. Although CK's release is quick. Goff can't run so...

Not so great decisions when playing a decent defense, he not going to be able to pick on a NFL defense

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Not so great decisions when playing a decent defense, he not going to be able to pick on a NFL defense

Did fine against Stanford and other teams. You can point to any QB and find games where they made some bad throws.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Mar 5, 2016 at 7:31 AM ]

Did fine against Stanford and other teams. You can point to any QB and find games where they made some bad throws.

5 ints ! bad throws and bad decisions. Even had two INT against Stanford I believe

Did fine ? they lost to the teams that were good and beat the teams that suck.

Color me funny, But i don't think our QB appeared in the given choices. And no, i don't know who...i just think we haven't seen him yet. Chip will have an idea and he is the guy who counts. I'm still betting UDFA, somebody i don't know squat about. Just a feeling. And it WOULD be "out of the box".
Originally posted by Since07:
Manning

Can you imagine how he'd do behind our OL?

5 ints ! bad throws and bad decisions. Even had two INT against Stanford I believe

2 of those INTs were off the hands of teammates but dont let that get in the way of you spinning a good yarn.

Goff's receivers had about twice as many drops as most of the other QBs in the draft, his OL was ranked 121st in the country, he still managed to have a pretty good year with little talent around him.

Compare how many Stanford, Oregon and USC guys are going to be drafted with how many Cal guys will get drafted and you have your answer. Without Goff, Cal may not have won any games period.

He didnt have the luxury of being a game manager QB.

Guys like Prescott and Goff had to carry their teams on their backs while regularly facing far more talented opponents.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Mar 5, 2016 at 8:00 AM ]

Cal's team was very iffy and Goff was asked to be super human in order to beat good teams...nothing more. If he had been playing for Alabama or Ohio State he would have had much better numbers.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

Cal's team was very iffy and Goff was asked to be super human in order to beat good teams...nothing more. If he had been playing for Alabama or Ohio State he would have had much better numbers.

Possibly worst playing better defenses
Share 49ersWebzone