There are 185 users in the forums

Your guess about whether or not Kap will be on 49ers team this year (2016 season).

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Your guess about whether or not Kap will be on 49ers team this year (2016 season).

Originally posted by vermonator:
The fact that they will be speaking to his agent during the combine doesn't sound too promising for Kap staying. The popular notion has been that both sides just want to talk and see where they are, but most likely it's to discuss an exit strategy such as a trade. As far as the notion that Kap's perfect for Kelly's system, well that's just a myth... Kap has already demonstrated the past few seasons that he lacks the accuracy, touch, and quick decision making required to run it. I think we've already seen the best of Kap, he is either unable, or unwilling to get better as a quarterback for the 49ers so it's time to move on. I have a feeling he will eventually be reunited with Harbaugh at some point, maybe with the Dolphins.

I think it means they want him to restructure his contract.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
No way Jim leaves Michigan for Miami.. I fully believe that the deal is done at INDY.. Jim will be in Michigan for another year or two, and that's the reason why Chuck Pagano was re-signed... Indy want's continuity rather done bringing another coach with another plan then getting rid of him once JH is ready to come back from Michigan..

Plus, even Harbaugh knows better to have Luck than Kaep!!
In my opinion Kap is better than any free agent, rookie, or anyone on the roster.
So I say yes he better be on the roster, or we better be compensated for him going elsewhere.
I'll guess yes. It is truly up in the air whether he's back or not. I put it at 50/50.

I don't know why, but I get the feeling the team does not want go QB in Rd 1. They want to address other needs, be it OL, DL, LB, WR...

I think we roll with Kap and Gab, also drafting a QB in rd 2-4.
Kap will be on the team and backup Blaine
My guess is that if Chip and the 49ers have a productive meeting with his reps in the next day or two, he will be on the team in April. If not, then he won't. IF he is on the team, it means Chip thinks he's the guy, plain and simple
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I'll guess yes. It is truly up in the air whether he's back or not. I put it at 50/50.

I don't know why, but I get the feeling the team does not want go QB in Rd 1. They want to address other needs, be it OL, DL, LB, WR...

I think we roll with Kap and Gab, also drafting a QB in rd 2-4.

That's what I expect as well. There are some real stud pass rushers in this draft - that's where I think they go in the first.
Originally posted by ChipKelly:
The fact that they will be speaking to his agent during the combine doesn't sound too promising for Kap staying. The popular notion has been that both sides just want to talk and see where they are, but most likely it's to discuss an exit strategy such as a trade. As far as the notion that Kap's perfect for Kelly's system, well that's just a myth... Kap has already demonstrated the past few seasons that he lacks the accuracy, touch, and quick decision making required to run it. I think we've already seen the best of Kap, he is either unable, or unwilling to get better as a quarterback for the 49ers so it's time to move on. I have a feeling he will eventually be reunited with Harbaugh at some point, maybe with the Dolphins.

Yea, I think you're right, but I doubt he is willing to take a pay cut, unless it's to play for another team.
  • thl408
I wouldn't mind giving him a shot in Chip's offense, even though I don't think he's a good fit. I don't think the team wants him back. I don't think he wants to be back. I don't think he'll be back.
Originally posted by ChipKelly:

Yea, I think you're right, but I doubt he is willing to take a pay cut, unless it's to play for another team.
they can keep the amount the same, but just swap the incentive %'s

Great another Krap thread. This reminds me so much of the A.Smith days
I'm leaning towards no.
Originally posted by MikeD:
I think he'll be here and given a chance to compete for the starting job. Its kind of hard to judge him with the coaching staff we had last year

They're not going to pay him 12 million dollars to compete for the starting job.
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Great another Krap thread. This reminds me so much of the A.Smith days

Nobody is forcing you to reply.
At the end of the day if Kap can't outplay Blaine then he shouldn't be the starter. Idc about his "potential" he could have in the future. Here and now if he can't beat Blaine he shouldn't be the starter. End of discussion.
Share 49ersWebzone