LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 259 users in the forums

Interesting Article on Franchise Tag

Shop Find 49ers gear online
http://www.ninersnation.com/2016/2/16/11008348/franchise-tag-window-opens-what-is-the-rule-how-does-it-work-nfl-predictions

Thoughts??
Quality thoughts and thanks for posting!
Would love to franchise Boone, but we can't. We cannot afford to let Williams walk out the door without a deal, or franchise. But frankly, I don't see Williams being a hard signing. I think he actually wants to be here.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Quality thoughts and thanks for posting!

Thanks
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Would love to franchise Boone

Why? He had a below average season last year, his run blocking was the worst its been as a starter. After him crying about how hard Harbaugh them work, I've been getting ready for him to be gone. Above all else he's not a very good fit for the scheme which requires highly athletic and mobile guards.
I'm with Phoenix here. Boone did not distinguish himself, and I hope he moves on. HIs best is just not good enough. Kilgore/Boone did not do us much good last yr, one injured the other did not play nearly as well as previous yr. That is what makes this so hard. We got Joe S. We need 3 OL starters, OC, 2 OGs, and then I think Brown will do just fine at OT. Last yrs OL was embarrassing and also could ahve lost us two QBs. Gab did better getting ball out but he still got blasted. That has to stop so the first thing is to fix our OL....with 3 starters.

No surprise, and as all know by now, we have to re-sign Ian/ or Knightly, OLB passrusher , DE(Malik J), and somehow figure out how to get ILB trevathan also. We have one of the above in draft as first rd pick, getting a second rd 1 pick would be incredibly helpful, and with luck we could get a 3rd starter with pick #39, 7th pick in rd 2. And that for me, anyway, would be our draft. We would have 10 other picks to burn in that instance and perhaps a player to add if chip/kap doesn't work out.

Look at that list and it just doesn't look doable in one yr. But as much as we can fix, we need to go all out. The closer we get to filling out our dance card, the sooner we get respectable again.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Why? He had a below average season last year, his run blocking was the worst its been as a starter. After him crying about how hard Harbaugh them work, I've been getting ready for him to be gone. Above all else he's not a very good fit for the scheme which requires highly athletic and mobile guards.

Agreed, average to below average IN a contract year and then he got hurt at the end. I thought Tiller, who had to move over from RG, looked better next to Staley than Boone. And you know someone will overpay for Boone anyhow.

Agreed, average to below average IN a contract year and then he got hurt at the end. I thought Tiller, who had to move over from RG, looked better next to Staley than Boone. And you know someone will overpay for Boone anyhow.

Agree

Tiller looked better every game.

Bye Boone
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Agree

Tiller looked better every game.

Bye Boone

And if we lose Boone it'll force us to go for a LT too (which could be a good thing).
Share 49ersWebzone