LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 389 users in the forums

A long road back

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I was watching highlights from the Harbaugh years and it made me realize this team has a long road back to the top. I hope that Chip Kelly is truly ok with just coaching since that is what he does best. I think one positive is that Baalke has the cap space to fix the problems with the O-line and pass rush.
Either way I keep telling myself to be patient as the odds of Kelly replicating Harbaugh's instant success are very slim.
Originally posted by dfs144:
I was watching highlights from the Harbaugh years and it made me realize this team has a long road back to the top. I hope that Chip Kelly is truly ok with just coaching since that is what he does best. I think one positive is that Baalke has the cap space to fix the problems with the O-line and pass rush.
Either way I keep telling myself to be patient as the odds of Kelly replicating Harbaugh's instant success are very slim.

as long as his main focus is coaching , our offense could really improve in a big way , but this is the year Baalke needs to dominate the draft and free agency , his ass is on the line this year , that's for sure
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:

as long as his main focus is coaching , our offense could really improve in a big way , but this is the year Baalke needs to dominate the draft and free agency , his ass is on the line this year , that's for sure

Yea last year's free agents made the team worse not better.
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:

Completely agree on both counts.
Yep. Sad thing is, this team could be significantly better next year and still only win 5 or 6 games next year. Strength of schedule is brutal again.

At this point I guess I'd just be happy to watch the team be semi competitive. Pretty sad when that's where you're at
That's why I'm fine with re-building up front and worrying about drafting a QB later.
I agree on building both lines before focusing on a NEW QB. Look what Denver did with extremely poor play from their QB in the playoffs, let alone the Superbowl. We need that shut down D, and with Kelly running the O, we should be fine.
We will be back a lot sooner than you think
I really have no doubt that the offense will improve drastically, i have enough faith already in chip to see that if he just does his coaching, he can make things happen.

I just wonder what's going through his mind for our QB situation.

Already though, i am worried about our Defense. I know nothing about the guy we got as our DC.

But like you guys have said, Baalke's ass is on the line this year, and he needs to make great moves in FA and the Draft.

Unless Goff drops to us, i say draft WR, OL, DL, or OLB with the first pick.

Obviously things will fall into place in the draft once we get a few FA's signed.
Quicker than you think, we have talent, e have cap space, we have draft picks....we might even have coaching, all the pieces look to be in place. Last year was an abomination, that was possibly the worst coaching staff ever assembled, and yet we won games, on talent alone, a good sign.
[ Edited by GolittaCamper on Feb 12, 2016 at 7:23 AM ]

Nothing gonna change until new regime.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Quicker than you think, we have talent, e have cap space, we have draft picks....we might even have coaching, all the pieces look to be in place. Last year was an abomination, that was possibly the worst coaching staff ever assembled, and yet we won games, on talent alone, a good sign.

Similar points were made by Ronbo's 2nd guest - granted biased, but good points made.
https://youtu.be/j6tKVjBtM_s?t=970
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Nothing gonna change until new regime.

Who would be your new regime?
Lol. Niner fans talking about a long road back? We were just on a 3 year run 2 years ago. We aren't the Raiders who haven't even been in the playoffs for the past 13 years.

But yeah, I hear you OP. It'll take at least another 2 years to get back to that talent level.

Hopefully the game planning/scheme/coaching is top notch by then too
Share 49ersWebzone