There are 187 users in the forums

The Hayne Thread version 3,142

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dingo:
Goatie, you are a proud Hayne-hugger and good for you, I am with you on that.

But you have such fixed, one-eyed views about all this and you continue to misconstrue just about everything written about Hayne that is not glowing praise as some kind of personal affront that must be countered and debated and argued down as if Hayne's very career depended on it.

It has been mentioned several times by others that you seem to consider this thread as your own and it your duty to defend Hayne's honour in his absence. That is exactly how it seems me too. You are looking at all this through some massive, wildly distorted prism.

Dude you are not Hayne's lawyer. You are not his agent. You are not his lover. You are not even his mate.

??? Are you serious? WTF What makes you the gate-keeper?

I personally agree a crap load more with the views and the opinions of the likes Zealot and PD24 and others than yours for that matter. And you know what? opinions are like a******es - everyone has got one. Me, you, zealot and everyone else. You might want to start acknowledging that next week your opinions might be different instead of white-knuckle grasping them like the sky might fall in if someone disagrees with you.

And please don't give me any of the "your just a negative Hayne hater..." bs or that I am on some high horse. This is a public space and anyone is entitled to come here say what they like without having debate it endlessly with you. My opinion is that I agree with pretty well entirely with all that Zealot says above and that what you've been spouting over and over and over is frankly just your opinion and as such is worth no more than anyone else's. Saying repeatedly does not make it any more factually correct.

Thank you for all of your strawman argument. All the things you imply about me owning the thread or whatever are not thing I have said or are not thing that are reasonably implied. Indeed they are both strawman (ie taking things I said or never even said and twisting them into something I said or is reasonably implied) Indeed what you are doing is a direct personal attack ie ad hominem.

If you have an issue with a position I put please feel free to attack the issue.

If you u want to make it personal well that is poor form and I refer you the rules of the forum DONT MAKE IT PERSONAL. I have never ever made a personal attack on you anywhere on this Forum.

Your personal attack only demonstrates your lack of ability to address any factual issues I have raised.

I would appreciate if you wish to debate Hayne and his merits just stick to Hayne and desist from out of order personal attacks,
[ Edited by Goatie on Feb 14, 2016 at 1:19 AM ]
  • JoNeo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pd24:
Well, he made it and got cut. Didn't exactly secure a spot. Is a very replaceable player

Also coaches
Its cool 24
You're helping the mad keen supporters keep their feet on the ground
We are all watching this space with interest
Cheers
  • JoNeo
  • Veteran
Not accurate. He was worse than a lot of rookies and alot of rookies on his own team. He was cut, nobody wanted him. He was not a success in year 1.

Ouch
Success was just being there
Shoish..pd.. You are a hard taskmaster
I agree that Hayne needs to do better this year to get and keep a spot on the team.

I also would have liked to see him over there training right now.

However, I am guessing that he was the most inexperienced footballer to play last season. Therefore, I think it is reasonable to suggest that he will have a higher rate of improvement than most other rookies.

The 49ers seem to like promoting him too.

I predict that he will make the 53 man squad.
  • Dingo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Goatie:
Originally posted by Dingo:
Goatie, you are a proud Hayne-hugger and good for you, I am with you on that.

But you have such fixed, one-eyed views about all this and you continue to misconstrue just about everything written about Hayne that is not glowing praise as some kind of personal affront that must be countered and debated and argued down as if Hayne's very career depended on it.

It has been mentioned several times by others that you seem to consider this thread as your own and it your duty to defend Hayne's honour in his absence. That is exactly how it seems me too. You are looking at all this through some massive, wildly distorted prism.

Dude you are not Hayne's lawyer. You are not his agent. You are not his lover. You are not even his mate.

??? Are you serious? WTF What makes you the gate-keeper?

I personally agree a crap load more with the views and the opinions of the likes Zealot and PD24 and others than yours for that matter. And you know what? opinions are like a******es - everyone has got one. Me, you, zealot and everyone else. You might want to start acknowledging that next week your opinions might be different instead of white-knuckle grasping them like the sky might fall in if someone disagrees with you.

And please don't give me any of the "your just a negative Hayne hater..." bs or that I am on some high horse. This is a public space and anyone is entitled to come here say what they like without having debate it endlessly with you. My opinion is that I agree with pretty well entirely with all that Zealot says above and that what you've been spouting over and over and over is frankly just your opinion and as such is worth no more than anyone else's. Saying repeatedly does not make it any more factually correct.

Thank you for all of your strawman argument. All the things you imply about me owning the thread or whatever are not thing I have said or are not thing that are reasonably implied. Indeed they are both strawman (ie taking things I said or never even said and twisting them into something I said or is reasonably implied) Indeed what you are doing is a direct personal attack ie ad hominem.

If you have an issue with a position I put please feel free to attack the issue.

If you u want to make it personal well that is poor form and I refer you the rules of the forum DONT MAKE IT PERSONAL. I have never ever made a personal attack on you anywhere on this Forum.

Your personal attack only demonstrates your lack of ability to address any factual issues I have raised.

I would appreciate if you wish to debate Hayne and his merits just stick to Hayne and desist from out of order personal attacks,

I'm just sick of you telling others to piss off out of this thread because you don't like what they have to say. No straw-man there. Now I will resume my lurking.
  • MFWIC
  • Veteran
Originally posted by eciturbo:
I agree that Hayne needs to do better this year to get and keep a spot on the team.

However, I am guessing that he was the most inexperienced footballer to play last season. Therefore, I think it is reasonable to suggest that he will have a higher rate of improvement than most other rookies.

This NFL is a business, they give the trophy to the owners first FFS
If they been promoting Hayne as they continue to do, then talent aside he will be on the team this year again.
[ Edited by MFWIC on Feb 14, 2016 at 1:31 AM ]
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JoNeo:
Not accurate. He was worse than a lot of rookies and alot of rookies on his own team. He was cut, nobody wanted him. He was not a success in year 1.

Ouch
Success was just being there
Shoish..pd.. You are a hard taskmaster

Stats don't lie. Hayne was statistically our best Rookie Running Back

Mike Davis 35 58 1.7
Jarryd Hayne 17 52 3.1
Kendall Gaskins 16 38 2.4
Originally posted by eciturbo:

YES x 4
  • JoNeo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MFWIC:
This NFL is a business, they give the trophy to the owners first FFS
If they been promoting Hayne as they continue to do, then talent aside he will be on the team this year again.

Yeah mate
The interest he provides with raw talent puts bums on seats in the stadium
Thats good for business
Share 49ersWebzone