LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 352 users in the forums

What would you like for the 49ers identity to be?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Solid, sure tackling defense and ST. Flexible, unpredictable offense.

Can run or pass to score on any defense from week to week.
Originally posted by InsertNameHere:
Originally posted by cciowa:
no one cares about style. i want our team to get back to being a good tackling team as a start. everyone on the team cept for maybe bowman and boldin regressed last year under the so called teachers and coaches

People do care because when we were winning in 2011 people were complaining that the offense sucked.

It was field goal after field goal, but we were still winning. It dont matter to me just win some super bowls!
TO WIN.

Annihilating Seattle and Los Angeles 4x a Year-style

/threats
exciting and explosive offensive juggernaut with a playmaking shutdown defense that wins every superbowl
I want us to be a team that just goes out and has fun and understand winning doesn't matter.
Pass first aproach with fast physical defense
Just Win... maybe?
control the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball ....I'd like to see a versatile offense , with an assortment of weapons to attack downfield and pound the ball hard ...on defense I want to see an aggressive unit with solid depth ....establishing a pass rush and a smothering defensive backfield would go a long way in putting a respectable team on the field ....I wasnt cheering for Chip to get the Job, but now that he is here, I'm hoping the team will have direction and focus, and no off field distractions .....and with the cap space and draft picks, there is a good chance our offense will be much improved and exciting to watch ....but I hope Chips tweaks his offense to include a power running game for short yardage situations and to control the clock when we are ahead, we cant play at break neck speed the entire game, we need that element of smashmouth to be a versatile offense
For us too win games with a fast paced offense we need to have a D that creates turnovers. Which will happen if our o scores cause the other team will need to pass to keep up. So we need to aquire an olb and an interior rusher.

So as far as our identity goes with chip kellys offence I'd like to hear
"Gabbart connects with Smith for the TD" and "Hyde for another chunk of yards" a lot. In an offense that features our 2 best play makers atm, Hyde and torrey.

On D I'd like us to have a whole lot of qb hits which lead to turnovers and a ball hawking secondary. An unfortunate side effect of chips offense being successful is lots of yards given up on D. Due to the fact that other teams will be passing a lot to stay in keep up / catch up mode. So turnovers will be key in what I see being a bend but don't break D.

For the record I'll be happy with kap or gabbart as long as their successful. I think gabbart just fits better with the quick passes and accurate short throws with touch.

With that team though a strong rushing team like Seattle would be a bad matchup. Keeping our o off the field while ramming the ball down our throats. That's why bow and Williams will be so important. And maybe scooby Wright in the third. We have we good run support DB'S on the roster already.
[ Edited by gold49er2183 on Feb 9, 2016 at 9:57 AM ]

How about a dynamic offense to go along with a solid, top-10 defense? Is that too much to ask?
Ideally I would love them to be a methodical defense that pounds its victims up front and be a very cerebral back end that can lay the wood and be sneaky enough to get turn overs at will. Plus an offense that can score pts on any or most possessions
I'd like to be an aggressive style tackling defense with a fierce pass rush and a shutdown slamming secondary.
RUN first top in the league with and offensive lines that plays hard together and doesn't give many sacks to set up a high flying passing game and well coordinated and specialized group of special teams, punter and kicker.

That with an A-Class group of coaches should good to go.
[ Edited by JeromeBettis36 on Feb 9, 2016 at 10:49 AM ]
An offense that drives opposing defenses crazy with multiple looks and a defense that makes QBs nervous with an elite pass rush
Don't care about the identity as long as we win.
Share 49ersWebzone