There are 217 users in the forums

What would you like for the 49ers identity to be?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
During the Harbaugh era we were basically looked at as a ball controlling, low turnover, low scoring, grind it out team.

While we did achieve a great deal of success, it was some of the most frustrating and stressful 49er games I've watched. Trying to "sit on leads" and run out the clock as soon as we are ahead is maddening!

I hope that the Chip Kelly era is similar to the Saints SB season. High powered offense, with a defense that is "bend but not break" causing a lot of turnovers.
I really don't care just win
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
no one cares about style. i want our team to get back to being a good tackling team as a start. everyone on the team cept for maybe bowman and boldin regressed last year under the so called teachers and coaches
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
We should become the Miami Hurricanes (80s-90s version)of the West. Have talent, speed, excellent defense, excellent offense and a swaggering coach. And then two 30 for 30 specials about our epic downfall after winning a s**t load of Super Bowls.
Oregon has a bend but don't break defense. If the offense is good enough, that will be enough. Might not be this year though
Originally posted by cciowa:
no one cares about style. i want our team to get back to being a good tackling team as a start. everyone on the team cept for maybe bowman and boldin regressed last year under the so called teachers and coaches

People do care because when we were winning in 2011 people were complaining that the offense sucked.

Our identity would be that we are a fundamentally sound team.
win with class , what a joke
I just want us to win
Smart, disciplined, and physical play.
One of the main things i want to be known for is to have a Feared Defense! teams being scared to go against us. and just being physical, and being sure tacklers.

Man, back in 2011 teams were scared to throw down the middle on us. We had hitters! and beasts on the defense.

WILLIS,BOWMAN,SMITH, GOLDSON, WHITNER!

I miss that already.

Originally posted by fropwns:
We should become the Miami Hurricanes (80s-90s version)of the West. Have talent, speed, excellent defense, excellent offense and a swaggering coach. And then two 30 for 30 specials about our epic downfall after winning a s**t load of Super Bowls.

A team generally makes its own identity. Ask yourself this: what was our identity during the harbaw yrs? We were defined by Cowboy, p-52, aldon, whitner hitter, and so on. One yr we were defined a bit by kap. Overall, tho , we were a D wtih all pros galore. Big D team. But it was deserved, and was from 10 yrs of drating in the top 7 with our 2nd rd pick #39. so we by rights should have gotten 2 starters per yr. We were, in a word, "stacked" with talent. Do not want to give short shrfit to two all pros on O, Gore and Staley...also Iupati and AD.
Overall, tho we were D, with a decent O.

And from between Mooch and Harbaw? how were we thot of then? Well, we weren't. Nobody thot of us.

So in answer to your question what would i like....i think my answer is that we have AN identity, as opposed to none for 10+ yrs. During harbaw's tenure here, he inherited a stacked team, a SB quality team if ever there was one, but brot limited imagination and virtually no O to the team. "QB whisperer?" Don't make me laugh. When history is written down the road it will be that harbaw inherited a stacked SB contender, and couldn 't finish the deal. He was incompetent on O. And surrounded himself with an OC who was of same ilk. He took a SB team and as they say at the pony races, "PLACED". That is what i think of the harbaw yrs. Our identity then was 49ers had a coach who wasn't up to the task. What a colossal waste of such terrific talent.

So for me, i jsut want us to have an identity, and care not what it is. NE? big O. Ravens? big D. And so on. But for much of the last 16 yrs we were without an identity. I jsut hope we get good enough to deserve one.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by InsertNameHere:

People do care because when we were winning in 2011 people were complaining that the offense sucked.

i was not complaining, i was more than happy. it was not until roman called the end around to kyle with a wet ball on a wet field that failed and led to the giants first touchdown that i saw roman for what he was, later i saw the head coach for the enabler he became to roman
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by InsertNameHere:

Our identity would be that we are a fundamentally sound team.

yes. of course this is the truth. we were just terrible in that aspect. if you do not have that as your base, you will never reach the peak on the pyramid you are building
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 16to87:
win with class , what a joke
I just want us to win

but at the same time.i do not want morons like greg hardy and johnny boozer on our team
Share 49ersWebzone