There are 252 users in the forums

Skill vs character

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by crake49:
Originally posted by baltien:
Aww, aren't you sweet?

Seriously, though. It's nothing more than the luck of growing up around people of color. I grew up in San Francisco. The football and baseball teams I was on in high school all had African American and Latino players and many of them were good buddies. And there were always Asian friends. I think it makes a difference for almost anyone.

I agree that it CAN make a difference but it doesn't always. Where I grew up, AA's are far and away the majority but there's still plenty of racism.

All the same, your point isn't lost on me.
And then the occaisional phenom like Aldon....you just pray they do right. Give'em a break or two, but a pattern....no way that ever works out. But building a team around guys like that? Well, you can't be upset when they do something and your season goes down le toilet.
Gold star skill.
we need to get that attitude back but keep em in check. nolan tried to win with church boys, harbaugh got results out of some of those guys but also had a few bad boys with serious skill. gotta have a good leader and a mix of both i think, more character tho i would say. you cant win with no killer instinct but you also cant win when half of your team is suspended
I want guys that are good at football
  • 220s
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
And then the occaisional phenom like Aldon....you just pray they do right. Give'em a break or two, but a pattern....no way that ever works out. But building a team around guys like that? Well, you can't be upset when they do something and your season goes down le toilet.

It does work out occasionally, Hayne had a few indiscretions in his early years of rugby league but matured and went on to greatness

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/archive/news/nrl-star-hayne-in-kings-cross-shooting/story-e6frg6o6-1111115704451
Share 49ersWebzone