There are 257 users in the forums

Candlestick Park Appreciation Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
You can destroy the building but you can't destroy the memories.

If they were still at candlestick I'd have no problem getting season tix. I still haven't pulled the trigger on season tickets at levis. I've only been there a handful of times. There is something lacking about levi's. I was chatting with a rep about season tix yesterday and I talked myself out of it.
Originally posted by PacTiger:
If they were still at candlestick I'd have no problem getting season tix. I still haven't pulled the trigger on season tickets at levis. I've only been there a handful of times. There is something lacking about levi's. I was chatting with a rep about season tix yesterday and I talked myself out of it.
why didn't you have tix at the Stick ?

What is holding you back this time ?
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

I don't have the same experience at levi's. I'm finally in a position where I can see every home game. I'm looking at 200 club area. Trying to decide if I should only get 1 or 2. Not married, lol.
[ Edited by PacTiger on Jun 6, 2017 at 1:09 PM ]

I don't have the same experience at levi's. I'm finally in a position where I can see every home game. I'm looking at 200 club area. Trying to decide if I should only get 1 or 2. Not married, lol.
those, like us who experienced the Stick will ever get that feeling back. But this is what we have now.

only 1 seat? no lady friends or wing men to join you ?

those, like us who experienced the Stick will ever get that feeling back. But this is what we have now.

only 1 seat? no lady friends or wing men to join you ?

Not sure yet. Not many football fans in the fam or they aren't available or can't afford it issues.
[ Edited by PacTiger on Jun 6, 2017 at 3:26 PM ]

There is no natural amp theatre and no environment. It is soulless.
Originally posted by GoldenGateGlory:

only when winning Did the stick have some type of energy. all the other times is was just as soulless

only when winning Did the stick have some type of energy. all the other times is was just as soulless

then it had a lot of energy. Given we won there lots.

then it had a lot of energy. Given we won there lots.
2003 to 2010 was pretty brutal from what i experienced. Then the 40 years before winning our first SB/championship must have been brutal also

we just need to start winning. The 2014 inaugural season was pretty good

I find it a flat atmosphere and it is in the wrong direction as I am always looking into the sun.
I find it a flat atmosphere and it is in the wrong direction as I am always looking into the sun.
The direction isn't that much different. Endzones still going north and south
We're just a few years into Levi Stadium's existence, and we already know that the 49ers' new stadium doesn't have the atmosphere, the home-field advantage, the fervor, the impact of any of the great new stadiums in North America, just from a football point of view.

If I could compare it to anything, I'd say the Santa Clara building is a down-sized version of Jerry Jones' Dome in North Texas–which doesn't have a great atmosphere but more of a Extra-Cushiony Space Colony On Jupiter kind of unique feel to it.

The Cowboys' monstrosity is intentional–it's luxury beyond luxury, size conquering all imagination, and they've established it as all that.

Or Levi's is a bigger, more extravagant version of the new Stanford Stadium, which is pretty much no-frills except the new seats, suites and sightlines. Not a lot of teams fear going into Stanford Stadium–or worried about the cavernous old one, either, frankly.

Levi's is… workable. It is nice. It is fine to watch a game (unless you're on the East side baking in the sun). It is a money machine.

But… Something is wrong here.
http://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/109910-joe-staley-misses-great-energy-candlestick-park/
  • NeKro
  • ArmyHoe
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
http://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/109910-joe-staley-misses-great-energy-candlestick-park/

Thanks Jed
Share 49ersWebzone