LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 436 users in the forums

Candlestick Park Appreciation Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
levi's looks like a bigass mall with two walls and a grass lot in the middle. doesnt even look like a complete stadium. i loved the stick, didnt get to go to too many games but every time i went I thought it was great. i never understood why everyone talked so much s**t on it, candlestick was great
Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:
Originally posted by LaMattsBlue:
Levi's looks pretty good on TV. Yes, Candlestick had the legacy. Right now no good football has been played in Levi's. Get the team turned around and playing well again and everyone will forget about Candlestick.

Nobody who ever spent many years going to Candlestick will ever forget it.

Never forget riding those long ass escalators up and that cold Bay air on the east side of the stadium. Or the defense chants.
  • KP82
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by KP82:
Levi's blows. Poor man's version of Jerry's World. Soulless venue suited best for concerts and corporate events.

I think Ray Lewis said it best pregame during a game vs the lowly Niners in 2007 at the Stick. It was when the Ravens were coming out the tunnel and he told his guys to take it all in because there was an aura of greatness on that field bc of our rich history.
oh so you need some time and history to make something , who would have thunk it

TBPH, I respect what the Packers did with Lambeau. Take an old run down stadium with a storied past and revamp it by injecting money into its infrastructure and overall design. They updated the stadium therefore improving the gametime experience while at the same time keeping hold of its history.

Niners sold their soul to the corporate devil.
Really?

Look...I loved Candlestick, but let be real for a sec. The place was a dump. It was a boondoggle from the day it was built in the windiest and coldest place in the entire Bay Area.

It was antiquated, smelled of urine, and was literally falling apart.

What people love about Candlestick is HISTORY. Its the games that were played in those walls and the memories that are associated with them.

All Levis needs is a winner. Levis showed pretty damn well tonight showcasing the biggest game on planet earth.

40-50 years from now Levis will probably be torn down in favor of yet another new stadium. When that happens, people will probably be just as sad to see her go as they were for Candlestick. Its only a matter of perspective.

Me? I loved Candlestick and I love Levi's. What's the point of getting all nostalgic over what is now less than a mound of dirt on Candlestick Point?
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Levi's blows. Poor man's version of Jerry's World. Soulless venue suited best for concerts and corporate events.

I think Ray Lewis said it best pregame during a game vs the lowly Niners in 2007 at the Stick. It was when the Ravens were coming out the tunnel and he told his guys to take it all in because there was an aura of greatness on that field bc of our rich history.
oh so you need some time and history to make something , who would have thunk it

TBPH, I respect what the Packers did with Lambeau. Take an old run down stadium with a storied past and revamp it by injecting money into its infrastructure and overall design. They updated the stadium therefore improving the gametime experience while at the same time keeping hold of its history.

Niners sold their soul to the corporate devil.

Oi.
Levi Stadium feels like an homage to the rich. Glad the team has better lockers and training facilities, but I'd take Candlestick over Levi with no problem.
Originally posted by BodhiPaddlesOut:
Levi Stadium feels like an homage to the rich. Glad the team has better lockers and training facilities, but I'd take Candlestick over Levi with no problem.

Shocker.
Originally posted by BodhiPaddlesOut:

Candlestick was a friggin' dump. Literally nothing good about it except that it hosted SB winning teams. I'm not saying Levi's is the best stadium ever, but it sure beats Candlestick.
[ Edited by DonnieDarko on Feb 8, 2016 at 9:48 AM ]
Not being able to tailgate with all the fans together has messed up the game day experience. The general parking in the main lot Candlestick was $25 and brought all the fans together. Now its $100 just to park in the Great America lot and not everyone parks in there. The parking is spread out now. I've parked on the golf course and the tailgating sucks there.

I Hatethe Raiders but Mark Davis was right when he said Levi's doesn't have that game day experience. Tailgating is a huge part of what makes going to games fun.
Originally posted by dwy621:
Not being able to tailgate with all the fans together has messed up the game day experience. The general parking in the main lot Candlestick was $25 and brought all the fans together. Now its $100 just to park in the Great America lot and not everyone parks in there. The parking is spread out now. I've parked on the golf course and the tailgating sucks there.

I Hatethe Raiders but Mark Davis was right when he said Levi's doesn't have that game day experience. Tailgating is a huge part of what makes going to games fun.
Mark Davis talked about ingress and not game day experience...like he's going to 9er games

Also, Mark Davis is the last person you want advice about anything football

No, the last person is Jed York.
Screw Candlestick, it was a dump that should of been torn down in the 90's.
Originally posted by OldMort49:
No, the last person is Jed York.

SMDH.
At least Davis knows his limitations and stays mainly in the background. Jed....not so much.
  • Jiks
After all the s**t talk about how bad of a stadium Levi's is, I was thoroughly impressed. But I'm not a Cali snob.
Share 49ersWebzone