LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 282 users in the forums

Candlestick Park Appreciation Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
In the wake of the Superbowl at our new corporate garbage dump, and all these other appreciation threads, I bring to you the appreciation thread of Candlestick Park; a place where so many of us shared so many great memories.

Just read this article on the homepage: Candlestick.

It made me think of all those great memories there, and how much I dislike the new stadium and all this corporate crap. I enjoyed never watching a Superbowl in SF while winning multiple Superbowls ourselves. A lot of incredible Sunday's were spent at this place! I sure do and will continue to miss it. I hope the culture at Levi's will someday turn into that of what we had at Candlestick!
I wonder how many people were thrown into a trough during it's lifetime.
Pisses me off that we couldn't get a stadium like pac bell done right in the heart of the city.

Levi is a soul less erector set of a stadium. Nothing stands out as to being the home of the 49ers.
This has been my wallpaper on my desktop for over 2 yrs before i would change my wallpaper every so often but now ive kind of settle for this background to bring back the good ol' days back to memory

Levi's looks pretty good on TV. Yes, Candlestick had the legacy. Right now no good football has been played in Levi's. Get the team turned around and playing well again and everyone will forget about Candlestick.
RIP Candlestick!!!!
  • Chico
  • Veteran
My heart belongs to the Stick! There was too much history & memories to just drop it for a corporate atmosphere. Bring back the Stick!
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
This has been my wallpaper on my desktop for over 2 yrs before i would change my wallpaper every so often but now ive kind of settle for this background to bring back the good ol' days back to memory

First game ever was against the Packers in the playoffs (T.O Catch) $45 to get in awesome experience.
Candlestick was a dump but I think we all miss it in our own ways. I wish they could have built a new stadium in SF, but I feel like the 49ers/York should have designed it to have the look and feel of Candlestick. Like a modern edition of Candlestick in Santa Clara. Levi's has no feel, it's a huge shopping mall with a crap field in the middle.
Really? Its 2016, not the 80s. Candlestick was good for its time, but the city had no interest in keeping the niners. Anyone that knows anything about the niners are aware of how the city had zero desire to accommodate them. The place was a dump since I've been a season ticket holder in 2005, and they weren't ever going to get anything new there. Seriously dude, it's 2016, not 1982.

Good riddance!

all to blame is the City of SF

these whiners would say the same if there was social media when the 9ers left Kezar for the stick
Originally posted by LaMattsBlue:
Levi's looks pretty good on TV. Yes, Candlestick had the legacy. Right now no good football has been played in Levi's. Get the team turned around and playing well again and everyone will forget about Candlestick.

Nobody who ever spent many years going to Candlestick will ever forget it.
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Really? Its 2016, not the 80s. Candlestick was good for its time, but the city had no interest in keeping the niners. Anyone that knows anything about the niners are aware of how the city had zero desire to accommodate them. The place was a dump since I've been a season ticket holder in 2005, and they weren't ever going to get anything new there. Seriously dude, it's 2016, not 1982.

Good riddance!

Seriously, dude? I never said anything about the city or their desire to keep the Niners there. The stadium was not the greatest in the terms you speak of but, obviously you have absolutely no clue what I'm talking about anyway....
  • KP82
Levi's blows. Poor man's version of Jerry's World. Soulless venue suited best for concerts and corporate events.

I think Ray Lewis said it best pregame during a game vs the lowly Niners in 2007 at the Stick. It was when the Ravens were coming out the tunnel and he told his guys to take it all in because there was an aura of greatness on that field bc of our rich history.
Originally posted by KP82:
Levi's blows. Poor man's version of Jerry's World. Soulless venue suited best for concerts and corporate events.

I think Ray Lewis said it best pregame during a game vs the lowly Niners in 2007 at the Stick. It was when the Ravens were coming out the tunnel and he told his guys to take it all in because there was an aura of greatness on that field bc of our rich history.
oh so you need some time and history to make something , who would have thunk it
Share 49ersWebzone